Fire Service Mourns Passing of Icon
- How to Honor and Remember a Saint. Evans, Bruce // Fire Chief;Oct2004, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p20
Reflects on the celebration of emergency medical services (EMS) advocate James O. Page's contributions to fire service in the U.S. Legacy in EMS; Reputation as a fire service leader; Advancement of his principles of patient care and service.
- Be Your Own 911 Hero. TW // Prevention;Mar2001, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p40
Reports on a study which found that people who have heart attack symptoms hesitate to take advantage of emergency medical services, and urges their use.
- Firefighter fitness. // Active Living;May2007, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p5
The article discusses the risks involved in working as a firefighter. According to an article in the online "British Medical Journal," heart attack is the most often cause of death among firefighters. The online article reported that the odds of dying from heart disease while fighting a fire...
- Prevent EMS delays: Hearst jurors. Salerno, Rob // Xtra (Toronto);3/22/2012, Issue 715, p9
The article reports on a ruling by jurors on the death of James Hearst who has died due to heart attack in the hallway of his Alexander Stapartment while waiting for almost 40 minutes for emergency medical services (EMS) in Toronto, Ontario.
- Waldon urges EMS squads to raise funds for defibrillators. // New York Amsterdam News;03/22/97, Vol. 88 Issue 12, p15
Reports that volunteer emergency medical services (EMS) squads in New York State have better opportunity than ever to assist in preventing deaths due to heart attacks. State Senator Alton R. Waldon Jr.'s announcement that the `Prudential Helping Hearts Program' will once again help volunteer...
- FIELD OF PLAY RESUSCITATION. Lyon, Richard M.; Wiggins, Caroline // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;4/7/2012, Vol. 344 Issue 7851, p30
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the decision when to move patient in cardiorespiratory arrest from the field of play.
- Are you ready to handle a heart attack in your office? Stern, Edward W. // American Bar Association Journal;May79, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p828
Presents a guide to proper action when a colleague in the office suffers from a heart attack. Rendering emergency aid; Legal duties and responsibilities and potential liabilities in acting or failing to act.
- Farmer Wants Advice. // Australasian Science;Jun2011, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p15
The article discusses the findings of a study by the Deakin University Centre for Rural Emergency Medicine which attributes the high risk of heart attack cases among farmers to their lack of knowledge about emergency medical services.
- Failure to Follow Own Policies Buries Hospital -- Again. Bitterman, Robert A. // ED Legal Letter;Sep2011 Supplement, p15
The article discusses a Tennessee court case wherein the plaintiff sued a hospital and its emergency staff for a physician's failure to actually examine her spouse, who after being sent home, died there later. The jury found the hospital, to be liable, which was overturned by the appeals court....