USFA: Savings Mean More Grants
- STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE. Halton, Bobby // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p10
The article reflects on the reactions of the so-called informed individuals regarding the reduction of the funds for the Assistance to Firefighters Grant program in the U.S. Accordingly, the budget request that was passed by President George W. Bush and Congress for firefighters in 2007 is 50...
- FEMS/USFA completes final round of grants. // Fire Engineering;Nov2001, Vol. 154 Issue 11, p38
Reports the final round of grants awarded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the United States Fire Administration under the Assistance to Firefighters Grants Program. Uses of the grants; Resilience of fire fighters during the aftermath of the terrorist attacks; List of grant...
- NVFC fund for volunteer firefighters. // Fire Engineering;Nov2005, Vol. 158 Issue 11, p56
The article reports that the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) has established the NVFC Volunteer Firefighter Support Fund for volunteer firefighters and their families who have been impacted by Hurricane Katrina. NVFC state member fire associations in Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi...
- Obama's proposed budget both gives and takes away from the fire service. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;2/15/2012, p3
The article reports on the impact of a budget proposal for fiscal 2012 on the fire service in the U.S. President Barack Obama proposed cuts to several grants for the fire service and consolidation of other grants. However, the proposal includes a budget for immediate assistance to retain, rehire...
- Impetus for Change. Mirkhah, Azarang // Fire Chief;Jan2007, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p40
The article discusses the possible way to address the financial shortage often experienced by the fire department in the U.S. Allegedly, it could be done by means of using grants to hold local governments accountable for implementing improvements. This has been likewise done to other agencies...
- 10th round of grants totals more than $35M. // Fire Chief;Jan2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the 10th round of U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency and Fire Administration's 2002 Assistance to Firefighter Grant awards. Estimated fire departments that will receive the grant; Funding level for fire departments; Efforts to increase the effectiveness of firefighting operations.
- Line Up Your Ducks for Federal Dollars. // Fire Chief;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p14
Examines federal funding for fire departments in the United States. Overview of the Fire Grants program; Need for fire service leaders to work with their states to learn about first responder funding opportunities; Terrorism-response grant category.
- AFG Office Posts Workshop Schedule. // Fire Chief;Feb2007, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p17
The article announces workshops conducted by the regional staff of the Assistance to Firefighters Grants program to provide an up-to-date fire grant information to applicants. The free two-hour workshops are conducted yearly. They offer current program information for any fire or emergency...
- Spin a Yarn. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Jun2010, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on firefighters grant programs, on the experience of firefighter Battalion Chief Craig Coultas in fighting testicular cancer, and on the impact of grants to the fire departments in the U.S.