What Model Are You?
- LEADER, REFINED. Allegretti, Lisa // Fire Chief;Oct2004, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p56
Highlights the award given to Rick Haase, the 2004 Volunteer Chief of the Year awardee in the U.S. Career background; Manpower training strategies; Contributions to the vitality of the department. INSET: HIGH PRAISES.
- PEOPLE NEWS. // Fire Chief;Oct2004, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p9
Reports on career developments for fire chiefs in the fire service in the U.S. as of October 2004. Installation of Robert DiPoli as the 2004-2005 president of the International Association of Fire Chiefs; Presentation of recipients of the 2004 President's Awards to six individuals for better...
- SAFER grant application deadline is fast approaching. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;8/28/2013, p1
The article reports that applications for the Fiscal Year 2013 Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) Grant has started, which intends to help in the recruitment and retention efforts of local fire departments across the U.S.
- Line-of-duty Deaths, 1999. // Fire Engineering;Jun99, Vol. 152 Issue 6, p44
Lists several firefighters who died in the line of duty in the United States as of June 1999. Aubrey Tillman; Kevin Smiht; John Murphy; Pinkowski, Philip.
- BEFORE THE CLASS. Naylis, Gerard J. // Fire Engineering;Mar2005, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p24
The article presents information on important guidelines for training class of the fire fighters. As the instructor, one have a certain image to project that underscores ones professional approach to the class. The style of dress will depend on the type of class one is teaching. One will have to...
- Combined service pensions for volunteer firefighters. Otto, Rebecca // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p24
The article focuses on the concept of combined service pensions for members working in the fire department as volunteer fire fighters in the U.S. Topics discussed include the requirements and method of calculation of the combined service pension and sample cases describing the application of the...
- (fireengineering.com). Coleman, John F. "Skip" // Fire Engineering;Feb2012, Vol. 165 Issue 2, p20
The article presents information about the Fire Service as of February 2012, located at fireengineering.com. Fitness training is available from Michael Krueger. Monthly webcasts will feature "Fire Engineering" authors and Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC) speakers. Bob Carpenter from...
- Is A Firefighter's Health and Fitness Frivolous? Sherek, Becky // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p55
The article presents facts on coronary heart disease and other health risks common among U.S. firefighters. Coronary heart disease, the leading cause of death among firefighters in the country, occurs when blood supply to the heart muscle becomes hardened or narrowed due to plaque deposits. Risk...
- Blaze a Path Into Firefighting. Byrne, Paul // Career World;Sep2009, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p14
The article focuses on pursuing a career in firefighting. It outlines the annual earnings of the average fulltime firefighter in the U.S. It discusses the physically demanding test for firefighting candidates and the hands-on training provided to hired firefighters. A description of the tasks of...