Cable Answers the Call for Better
- Movies on Demand: Breaking Through. // Multichannel News;10/3/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p51
The article reports on the development in the integrated marketing campaign of cable companies in the U.S. that promote Movies on Demand (MOD) category to its subscribers.
- CABLE'S INDIAN SUMMER. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Multichannel News;9/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p16
The article focuses on the popularity of the cable television networks during the summer season in the U.S. A study suggests that the industry has achieved its 10th-summer straight win over its broadcast rivals in household share. Despite the industry's success, the author argues that most...
- The Chairman's Message. Alexander, Tom // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p12A
Focuses on the opinion of the author, who is also the vice-president, trade marketing for Cartoon Network on cable marketing. Importance of the 20th Annual Mark Awards for cable marketers; Guidelines by the author on cable marketing for marketing professionals.
- Cinemax Sets Movie-Getaway Sweepstakes. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/17/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p50
Reports the marketing campaign of Cinemax for subscribers in the U.S. Offer of 'Cinemax Movie Getaway' sweepstakes to its subscribers; Plans of the network to support the consumer-acquisition campaign with radio advertisements; List of theatricals slated to run during the July promotion.
- CABLE AT A LOSS FOR LEGS. Martin, Denise // Variety;8/25/2003, Vol. 392 Issue 2, p22
Presents updates on issues faced by cable television networks in the U.S. as of August 2003. Decline in the ratings of television programs, such as "The Osbournes" from MTV; Information on the television series maintenance; Details of television series marketing.
- A Year of Living Cautiously. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;2/23/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 8, p2A
Presents an update on the condition of cable television market in the U.S. as of February 2004. Issues on which decisions are made at corporate headquarters; Increase in the number of subscribers of the top cable systems in January 2004; Percentage of penetration made by the Houston, Texas...
- Metrics Swim Into Focus. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;4/21/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p24
The article offers information on Project Canoe, a joint effort that is aimed at developing uniform standards for advanced advertising in the U.S. Through this effort, top cable operators are planning to grapple with issues created by advanced advertising. Video-on-demand (VOD) has been...
- Chapters a Link to Cable's Fraternal Past. Antil, M. C. // CableFAX Daily;9/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 186, p4
The article stresses the significance of association chapters to the U.S. cable television industry. As the industry becomes more national and less local, as national trade shows declined to a handful and as information technology minimized the occasions for face-to-face communications, local...
- Cable sees answer in better marketing. Atkinson, Claire; Kerwin, Ann Marie // Advertising Age;7/26/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 30, p23
Focuses on issues discussed during the 2004 Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing conference in Boston, Massachusetts. Products that contribute to confusion among consumers; Significance of satellite services to the cable industry; Concern raised by Donny Deutsch, CEO of...