Come Stream With Me
- MSOs could Take Content to the Edge. Bannan, Karen J. // Multichannel News;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p97
Reports on edge technologies pushed by certain United States companies to enable the delivery of broadcast-quality streaming media directly to cable headends, via content-distribution networks (CDN). Two types of edge technology, CDN and edge service providers; Benefits to cable television...
- Movie rights and wrongs. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/07/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p49
Focuses on the increasing adoption of video streaming technology by movie cable television companies in the United States. Popularity of the medium among pay-per-view audiences; Streaming packages and deals entered by companies such as Home Box Office and Showtime.
- Cable execs debate value of jumping into streaming. McAdams, Deborah D.; Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;12/04/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 50, p60
Presents the discussions of United States cable television executives on the benefit of venturing into streaming media. Issues surrounding the emergence of the streaming media technology; Streamers' dependence on broadband distribution from cable operators; Concern over the possibility that...
- She wants her MTV to continue to push the envelope--past cable, past home shopping, past CD-ROM. Hoban, Phoebe // Harper's Bazaar;Jan95, Issue 3398, p46
Features an interview with Judy McGrath, president of MTV, about the future of the network. Goal to push the network past cable, home shopping and CD-ROM; MTV's expansion; McGrath's as one of the most important women in television.
- Presidency of MTV to be solo performance for Judy McGrath. Russell, Deborah // Billboard;7/23/94, Vol. 106 Issue 30, p5
Reports on Judy McGrath's taking over of the presidency of MTV network after the resignation of president and business director Sara Levinson. McGrath's career background; Competition from a music video network formed by major-label groups and Ticketmaster, the leading electronic ticket vendor...
- It's only rock `n' roll, but she likes it. Furman, Phyllis // Crain's New York Business;3/25/96, Vol. 12 Issue 13, pW34
Profiles Judy McGrath, president of MTV.
- PEOPLE. // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p22
Presents news items about executives in the United States cable television industry for the week of August 7, 2000. Promotion of Michael Mohamad at A and E Network; Appointment of Erick Rouille as general manager at Fox Kids Europe; Selection of Charles M. Warfield Jr. as president at a newly...
- A handful of MSO executives control what's on cable TV. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/19/99, Vol. 129 Issue 30, p24
Introduces several articles profiling programming executives of multisystem owner cable television firms in the United States as of July 19, 1999. Executives' role in the industry.
- High `Q' ratings. Burgi, Michael; Katz, Richard // MediaWeek;3/17/97, Vol. 7 Issue 11, Adweek p34
Profiles three American cable executives. Susan Packard, chief operating officer for Home and Garden Television; Mike Lazzo, animation expert of Hanna-Barbera's Cartoon Network; David Intrator, vice president of marketing and programming at MSO Marcus Cable Co.