N2's Network Inroads
- NEWS Briefs. // Television Week;10/25/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p3
Presents news briefs on television broadcasting in the U.S. as of October 2004. Selection of N2 Broadband by Turner Broadcasting System to provide video-on-demand equipment and services for its Platform Research and Development Lab; Information on the filming of a pilot program for Paramount...
- Software Aims to Cut Integration Costs. // Communications Technology;Apr2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on an open-standard software platform from N2 Broadband which aims to cut costs and accelerate the deployment of video-on-demand and cable's other service offerings. Goal for the software platform; Background on the technology; Implication of the deployment on cable operators.
- Insertion Systems Move VOD Ahead. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/24/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p25
Reports on the advertising insertion systems introduced by SeaChange and N2 Broadband that allow advertisements to be inserted into video-on-demand (VOD) programs. Potential revenue of advertising-on-demand; Features of the software; Characteristics of on-demand advertising.
- N2 Broadband gives Tandberg solid U.S. cable foothold. // CED;Feb2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p8
Reports on Tandberg Television's deal to acquire N2 Broadband in a deal that will give British company Tandberg a deeply-established presence and a head start in the video-on-demand (VOD) market in the U.S. Companies with VOD relationships with N2; N2 Broadband's specialization in VOD back...
- Vendors Get Dynamic. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p53
Focuses on the involvement of software suppliers in video-on-demand (VOD) advertising. Tentative schedule for the deployment of VOD software according to Raj Amin, vice president of content and advertising markets of N2 Broadband Inc.; Features of VOD advertising; Problem cited by president and...
- TECH Briefs. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/10/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p22
Presents news briefs related to technologies in television broadcasting as of May 10, 2004. Impact of video-on-demand and digital video recorders on advertising and programming; Plan of cable system operators to offer services in a digital format; Capabilities of AdPoint on-demand advertising...
- Viewers Watch VOD Ads. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;11/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p1A
This article reports that Turner Broadcasting has completed research in one of the first studies of the effectiveness of advertising in video-on-demand (VOD). The company found that the vast majority of viewers did not fast-forward through VOD ads and intent to purchase actually rose 60 percent...
- N2 Broadband takes on VOD integration. // CED;Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p12
Highlights N2 Broadband's unveiling of its first open system for cable-based video-on-demand. Features of the system supporting digital systems and video streaming servers from multiple vendors. INSET: Time Warner Cable waxes wireless.
- Seeking free agents for pitcher-catcher combos. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p42
Assesses the creation of video-on-demand (VOD) software and hardware by N2 Broadband Inc. Compliance of the company with Interactive Service Architecture from Time Warner Cable; Establishment of MediaPath Catcher, VOD wares; Services offered by the company.