Fujitsu Adds Mid-Range ROADM
- Reconfigurability ROADMap: Extending static OADM. Ben-Horin, Narda; Kronenthal, Guy; Queller, Abe // Lightwave;Nov2003, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p31
Discusses the expansion of static optical-add/drop-multiplexer (OADM) functionality through the use of add-on optical-switching systems. Advantages of making a gradual transition from fixed OADM to reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexers (ROADM) systems; Features of add-on...
- Mux maker introduces WDM solution. Carter, Wayne // Telephony;08/11/97, Vol. 233 Issue 6, p16
Announces the introduction of Applied Fiber Optics Inc.'s 2 x 4 bidirectional wavelength division multiplexer for short-haul traffic. Applications of the device; Price per unit; Factors for determining the success of AFO.
- Multiplexers. // Communications News;May95, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p65
Features brochures about multiplexers.
- High-bandwidth networks bring new monitoring requirements. Hendow, Sami T. // Laser Focus World;Aug98, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p171
Focuses on the dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) technology. Role of the technology in increasing telecommunications network capacity; Significant parameters of DWDM network operation that require monitoring; Optical spectrum analyzers available to determine channel wavelength and...
- WDM receiver and glass technologies sharpen light clarity and processing. Willebrand, Heinz; Kalra, Punit // Lightwave;Jun97, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p37
Examines the receiver and glass technologies for wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM) implementation. Wavelength operation; Automatic locking of the receiver module onto different transmission wavelengths; Low-cost monolithic integration of the receiver onto a circuit board; WDM applications.
- FRAME RELAY. // Communications News;Dec94, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p57
Presents the SDM-JFP network access multiplexer suited to limited voice and data traffic sites. Transmits integrated data, voice, fax and LAN traffic.
- Multiplexers. // Communications News;Aug93, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p50
Features multiplexers. Mach DS Plus from Data Race which puts twice as many voice/fax channels on a link; FCD-24 from RAD Data Communications.
- Lucent DWDM goes the distance. Carter, Wayne // Telephony;03/09/98, Vol. 234 Issue 10, p35
Focuses on some of the dense wavelength division multiplexing products unveiled at the OFC '98. Includes Ciena Corp.'s 40-wavelength system; Pirelli's 64-wavelength system; Lucent Technologies' Optical Networking group's 80-channel WaveStar product.
- U.S. wavelength-division multiplexing market to quadruple by the year 2000. Lutkowitz, Mark // Lightwave;Dec96, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p35
Focuses on the expected increase of the wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM) market despite tight competition from OC-192 time-division multiplexing (TDM) equipment suppliers. Deployment of WDM technology by AT&T to its global telecommunications network; Projection of WDM systems use in the...