Bollywood Build-Up in Big Apple
- Realizing VOD's Potential. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;5/16/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p31
In this article, the author discusses the market demand increase for video on demand (VOD) products which include demand from studios, cable operators like Time Warner Cable Inc., and pay television (TV) firms like DIRECTV Inc.
- Kicking Into High Gear. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);10/28/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p22
Reports on the deployment of the video-on-demand (VOD) service by Time Warner Cable (TWC) in the U.S. as of October 2002. Markets where TWC initially deployed its VOD service; Statement from TWC executive Mark Harrad on VOD deployment; Marketing strategies being adopted by the company in VOD...
- Prickly exhibs make a point. DiOrio, Carl // Hollywood Reporter;6/17/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the move to end the release of the video-on-demand (VOD) from the National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO) and its European equivalent in the U.S. NATO contradicts to the plan of Time Warner Cable Inc. on the release of movies to VOD. The issue has been associated to...
- Time Warner Channels VOD Strategy. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;5/1/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p34
Provides information on the video-on-demand (VOD) advertising strategy of Time Warner Cable in the U.S. in 2006. Adoption of an Internet portal-style advertising approach by the company; Background on the Bevo on Demand being offered by Time Warner in Austin, Texas; Optimism of Larry Fischer,...
- When Local Is Focal. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;10/27/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p24
The article reports on the importance of centralized market price of video-on-demand (VOD) services. It mentions that centralized market price of the VOD programs gives the operators a more competitive advantage. According to Comcast senior vice president of new media Matt Strauss, localized VOD...
- Time Warner planning VOD test. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p6
Reports on Time Warner's plan to introduce a full-blown video-on-demand (VOD) test in 1999 or early 2000. Testing of deployable equipment in the field; Description of equipment used by the company for the trial; Claim by server provider SeaChange that it can put a cable provider in the VOD...
- VOD Has Three Legs in Green Bay. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p14
Reports on the launching iControl video-on-demand services (SVOD) from Time Warner Cable of Green Bay Wisconsin. Rate for the access of SVOD; Availability of SVOD tp digital-cable subscriber; Video recorders integrated within Scientific-Atlanta Inc.
- Time Warner Cable preps VOD service for L.A. area. Grossman, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/6/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 39, p5
Reports on the introduction of video-on-demand service by Time Warner Cable on its Los Angeles area cable systems. Use of nCube's server architecture to deliver films to customers; Deals with Universal, Sony and Warner Bros.; Sufficiency of products to offer to customers.
- Oxygen/Time Warner Cable Air Karaoke. Jensen, Elizabeth // Television Week;7/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p32
The article reports on the launch of the free on-demand channel Air Karaoke from Oxygen on Demand of Time Warner Cable in Lincoln, Nebraska. Oxygen has introduced the Watch to Win sweepstakes as a way to promote the free on-demand service. It is said that Air Karaoke plays on Oxygen on Demand...