- Advertising. // CableFAX Daily;9/13/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 177, p2
Reports that U.S. cable company Comcast has launched its first national broadcast advertisement during the "Monday Night Football" aired on ABC.
- In the States:. // CableFAX Daily;5/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 101, p2
The article reports on the launch of the inaugural Spotlight on What's Next competition by cable company Comcast Spotlight and its partner, the Clio Awards. The companies seek to lure advertising agencies and clients to on-demand options. Entrants will submit videos showing video on demand...
- Applebee's Puts VOD On Marketing Menu. McClellan, Steve // Brandweek;2/6/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p6
This article reports on the advertising campaign launched by Applebee's to run on Oh! Baby, the video-on-demand program service for parents of cable network Oxygen. The advertisement will air through May and appear on program Parentology. Applebee's spent $161 million on ads in the first 11...
- Comcast On-Demand Scores Gatorade. Klaasen, Abby // Television Week;5/15/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p32
The article focuses on the advertising deal made by Comcast with Gatorade which integrates the sports drink into Comcast's ExerciseTV on-demand channel. The deal includes original content produced by Gatorade as well as traditional spots at the beginning and end of the content and in-program...
- You down with VOD? Yeah you know me! M. R. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p20
The article reports on the implications of Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) 130 standards for the telecommunication industry in the U.S. It mentions that through SCTE, video-on-demand (VOD) is poised to make money for cable operators through dynamic pre and post rolls as well...
- Comcast locks local links in top markets. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;8/20/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 34, p4
Reports that Comcast Cable Communications Inc. has interconnected all 50 of its wholly owned cable systems in the 50 U.S. markets. Aim to sell advertising across various regional markets; Competition with local broadcasting TV stations.
- FOR THE RECORD. // Advertising Age;4/12/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 15, p41
Presents news briefs related to the U.S. advertising industry as of April 1993. Acquisition of 20% stake in Discovery Zone by Blockbuster Entertainment; Awarding of an advertising contract to DDB Needham Worldwide for the Drackett brands of S. C. Johnson & Son; Launch of a spot TV for Shell Oil.
- They Have It, You Want It, Now Get Rid of It. Janoff, Barry // Brandweek;1/9/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p29
This article describes the It and Stories TV spots for PepsiCo's Gatorade sports drink. In It, a series of athletes are seen in action as text offers, "It's up here," "It is one yard from here," as a football player rushes toward the goal line and "It is here before anyone else," as a guy shoots...
- Cosvi proclaims the values of the co-op movement. Albanese, Lorelei // Caribbean Business;6/21/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p60
The article features the launch of an advertising campaign by Cosvi, the Spanish acronym for the Puerto Rico Life Insurance Cooperative, under the tagline "We are a team; we are Puerto Rico." The advertisement is a 30-second television sport which conveys the values of cooperativism. Cosvi's...