Troubleshooting VOD's 'Failures'
- ME TV. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;6/13/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 24, p24
Focuses on the initiatives of the cable industry to develop giant digital video recorders (DVR) for TV viewers to personalized their on-demand video service in the U.S. Technical and content rights issues associated with commercializing the recorders; Techniques in applying DVR; Cable operators...
- 2000 -- a cable odyssey. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
Reports that cable executives are predicting that the rising tide of cable viewership will swamp the dominance of the major broadcast networks in the United States by the end of 1999. Larger prime-time audience of basic cable by the year 2000; Growth of basic cable's prime audience in 1998;...
- GENDER BIAS. Bergman, Anne // Daily Variety;05/05/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 45, pA1
Describes a trend in cable television programming in the United States, wherein cable operators focusing on a single gender. Cable networks that focus on female television audiences; Strategies of cable operators to lure their target audiences; Examples of cable television shows geared toward a...
- Auds have say when operators choose nets. McLean, Thomas J. // Daily Variety;05/05/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 45, pA14
Reports on the criteria used by cable television operators in selecting television channels to include in their network lineups in the United States. Influence of television viewers on cable operators' choices; Negotiations for carriage deals with channels; Fastest-growing channels in the country.
- HISPANIC LOCAL TV SPEAKS CABLE'S LANGUAGE. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/15/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 33, p21
Offers a look at the provision of video-on-demand television programming to Hispanic American viewers in the U.S. Efforts of major broadcasters and cable operators to sign promotional and programming alliances with Hispanic broadcasters; Remarks from Comcast Cable executive Mauro Panzera on...
- Broadcast takes bite out of basic cable. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;07/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p8
Reports on viewership gains made by broadcast television and those lost by cable television in the United States in the second quarter ended June 25, 2000. Comparison with year-ago ratings; Nielsen Media Research data provided by Turner Entertainment Research; Increased ratings of American...
- Eyeball derby 2000. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/01/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p35
Reports that only a few television viewers in the United States migrated from broadcast television to cable television in 2000. Rise in cable prime time viewership in 2000 as compared to that of 1999; Overview on the rating performances of various cable television networks; Factors attributing...
- Branding on the Menu at CTAM. // Television Week;7/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p7
Editorial. Focuses on the challenges faced by U.S. cable television networks in terms of creating a brand and differentiating the service in the consumers' mind. Audience fragmentation; Significance of the 2003 Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing Summit.
- Viewing to basic cable growing. // Advertising Age;2/28/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 9, special section pC-3
This section presents a graphical representation of basic cable television viewing by U.S. households from 1987 to 1993.