'Gilligan's' VOD Twist
- The Real ‘Reality’ Behind Shock TV. Hill, Martin // San Diego Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p50
Discusses issues pertaining to reality television shows produced in the U.S. Exploitation of contestants; Willingness of contestants to be exploited; Profitability of reality television shows.
- Reality has legs at networks. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;09/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p28
Focuses on the prevalence of reality television programs in the United States. Reality-based-series produced by the Fox network; Factors affecting the production of reality series production; Impact of reality TV programs on the scripted series; Speculation on the relaunching of the program...
- Reality bites. O'Hehir, Andrew // Sight & Sound;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the prevalence of reality television programs in the U.S. Factors contributing to the success of reality television programs; Overview of several reality television programs; Themes of such programs; Implications for the television broadcasting industry.
- REAL APPEAL. Light, Deborah // Bulletin with Newsweek;09/26/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6243, p62
Focuses on the reality-based television programs of television stations in the United States. Consideration of the programs as voyeuristic, exploitative and cruel; Examples of programs pitting people against each other; Popularity of the programs in other countries; Impact on current affairs...
- The Real Report. Rice, Lynette // Entertainment Weekly;4/15/2005, Issue 815, p70
Previews several reality television programs to be aired in the U.S. in 2005.
- Reality rules. // Vogue;Jun2001, Vol. 191 Issue 6, p190
Focuses on reality-based television shows, the most popular show genre in American television. Factors behind the popularity of reality television in the United States; Target viewer demographics of reality-based television programs; Television shows that are riding on the reality-television...
- Reality's new wave. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;01/01/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the launching of different reality television programs in the United States in January 2001. Examples of reality television programs to be launched by various television broadcasting companies; Background information about each television series; Other television programs slated to...
- Reality Programming. Richmond, Ray // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;08/08/2000, Vol. 364 Issue 13, p1
Features the dominant reality shows in the primetime slot in the United States as of August 2000. Includes `Little Brother'; `Palestinians Say the Darndest Things'; `Bacteria Island.'
- Eye wins 'Big' demo race. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;9/24/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 16, p3
Reports the victory of reality television program 'Big Brother,' in key demonstrations and in the finale of its first edition in the United States. Awards of the program; Record of ratings of CBS Corp. programs; Comparison with the year 2000 ratings of the program.