MTV's (Latest) 'Spankin' New' Music Effort
- I Want My... Fuse? Fiore, Raymond // Entertainment Weekly;
Reports on the success of the cable music channel Fuse as of July 30, 2004.
- VH1 to move into popular culture. // Music Week;4/12/2003, Issue 14, p3
Reports on British cable television network VH1's announcement of its plan for a thorough reformatting which will broaden the network from a solely music-based channel. Acquisition of music-related feature film and documentaries; Incorporation planned changes in the evening schedule.
- MTV ITALY CARRIAGE AT RISK. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;12/06/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 3, p48
Reports on Rete-A's signing of a contract with Germany's Viva to launch a Viva Italia channel. Rete-A's plan to acquire a national broadcasting license in Italy; Expiration of Rete-A's contract with MTV Italy.
- MuchMusic, BET Take Aim At 'TRL' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p24
Reports the music television programs by MuchMusic USA and Black Entertainment Television in the United States. Schedule of the MuchMusic's Dedicate Live request show; Program rating of Black Entertainment's 106 & Park request show; Difference between the request shows and the music television...
- MEDIA: MTV claims the high ground with awards. HILLE, ALFRED // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;1/24/2003, p10
Reports that cable television network MTV Asia has claimed that its annual music awards is rapidly becoming the leading youth, music franchise in Singapore. Increase in the number of visitors of the on the Web site of the network; Overview of the voting process followed by the network on the...
- The end of the world as we knew it. Campbell, Kim // Christian Science Monitor;7/27/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 170, p13
Discusses MTV, and the view that the television network has changed television as well as the way that many view the world, in light of the network's 20th anniversary.
- Rock Out. Chrisgau, Robert // New York;4/7/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p118
Features the success of the Music Television (MTV) channel which started in New York City. Impact of MTV on the career of pop artists; Changes in the programming of the network; Control of MTV in music-video programming.
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;8/14/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p39
Several photographs of attendees at events related to cable television networks in the U.S. are presented including the annual E! Networks employee party in Los Angeles, California, World Wrestling Entertainment fans and the One Country initiative of Country Music Television.
- A blast for furniture. // Cabinet Maker;9/9/2005, Issue 5455, p43
Comments on the television advertisement of a youth-oriented U.S. cable music channel. Encouragement of outlandish affront to social decency; Depiction of a bunch of teenagers roasting hotdog over a bonfire of burning furniture; Violation of flammability regulations.