A&E's Crime Net Rankles Court
- History Channel Reads Some Good Nielsen Books. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;6/9/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 23, p32
The article focuses on the performance of cable television network The History Channel owned by A & E Television Networks. In 1997, A&E Television Networks President and chief executive officer Nick Davatzes had predicted that History Channel would someday be as robust in ratings and reach as...
- TV movies switch to cable. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;10/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p10
Focuses on the television broadcasting of movies in the United States. Advantages of the movie broadcasting on cable television networks; Goals of A & E cable network for engaging in the trend; Nomination of the broadcast movie 'Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows' of ABC network in the Emmy Awards.
- A&E, History to Spend Big on Originals. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p26
Reports on the plan of A&E Network and the History Channel to increase their ranks of original series and specials during the 2001-2002 season. Addition of dramatic series, movies and original documentaries; Partnerships of the two companies.
- War: What Is It Good For? // Broadcasting & Cable;12/8/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 49, p16A
Discusses the strategy of A&E Television Networks in launching the History Channel in January 1995. Budget in the production of programs for the channel; Impact of the Iraq war in 2003 on the ratings of History Channel; Measure taken by the channel to improve its ratings in 2003.
- Late Breaking News. // Cable World (10427228);9/29/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p6
Presents an update on the cable television industry in the U.S. Move of A&E Television Network to upgrade its West Coast feed from analog to digital feed; Decision of Microsoft Corp. to pull out from its broadband partnership with BellSouth; Nomination of SeaChange International for an Emmy...
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);5/19/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p36
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of May 19, 2003. Overview of the two-hour block of lifestyle programming of A&E Network; Information on the television program 'Ultimate Explorer' from National Geographic.
- 4th-Qtr. Scatter: Half Empty or Full. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;11/1/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p4
Deals with the scatter advertising marketplace for the U.S. television broadcast and cable networks for the fourth quarter of 2004. Factors that led to the reluctance of advertisers to spend money in the marketplace; Overview of advertisers that are taking advantage of moderate prices in...
- Comedy, A&E Nab Repurposing Deals. Umstead, R. Thomas; Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p79
Reports the deal of A&E Network and Comedy Central for immediate repeats of broadcast shows in the United States. Effect of the repurposing bandwagon on the Comedy Central; Editions of broadcast-network skeins; Terms of the deal.
- FAST TRACK. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/13/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 37, p6
Presents news briefs on the television broadcasting and cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 13, 2004. Expected increase in the spot television revenues in 2006; Number of satellites which DirecTV plans to launch by 2007; Promotion of Abbe Raven as president of A&E Television...