Motorola Confirms Verizon Video Buy
- Verizon Goes Whole Home. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;8/21/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p38
The article reports that Verizon Communications Inc. has introduced a new digital video recorder that can serve up three simultaneous streams of video, as well as photos and music to televisions in every part of the home. Available to Verizon FiOS TV subscribers, the new Home Media DVR allows...
- MORE 3G WIRELESS COVERAGE FOR PALM SPRINGS, CALIF. // RBOC Update;Jun2009, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the opening of a new Verizon Wireless cell site in Riverside County, California in June 2009. The site will offer an expanded third generation (3G) network coverage and capacity in the south end of Palm Springs and an area of Highway 111. It states that Mobile Broadband...
- MoCA and HPNA Draw Lines, Followers. Lawton, George // Communications Technology;Sep2009, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p34
The article offers information on Multimedia Over Coax Alliance (MoCA) and Home Phoneline Networking Alliance (HPNA) technologies which are being deployed by several telecommunications companies in their systems. Lee Ratliff, an iSuppli Corp. senior analyst cites that the two systems are...
- Verizon Mandates Data Plans With All 3G Multimedia Phones. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/25/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p8
This article reports on the expansion made by Verizon Wireless on the number of third-generation (3G) multimedia phones requiring a minimum monthly data plan to all of its current models.
- KILLBUCK, OHIO TO BENEFIT FROM VERIZON NETWORK ENHANCEMENTS. // RBOC Update;Jun2009, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on the activation of a new Verizon Wireless cell site in Killbuck, Ohio in June 2009. The benefits of the network expansion to Verizon customers are enumerated. The cell site will cover the areas along U.S. Highway 62 east of downtown Killbuck and the surrounding area bounded...
- Verizon to Buy $500M In Nortel Equipment. // Business Journal (Central New York);04/21/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p2
Focuses on the plan of Verizon Wireless to purchase optical and wireless equipment from Nortel Networks as part of the company's infrastructure-improvement project.
- Verizon deploys 100 Gbit/s technology in Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong. // China Telecom;Jan2014, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p3
The article reports that American broadband and telecommunications firm Verizon Communications Inc. has deployed 100 gigabits technology in Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong, China. The deployment reportedly connects the three locations which improves performance and help meet enterprise customer...
- ROLLING OUT THE NEW. // Racer;Fall2014, Issue 265, p31
The article offers brief information on the LTE Multicast fourth-generation (4G) long-term evolution (LTE) system from Verizon.
- Motorola software minimizes downtime. Bucholtz, Chris // Telephony;04/27/98, Vol. 234 Issue 17, p14
Features Motorola Inc.'s Split Mode fault-tolerant platform that enables equipment vendors to guarantee that their systems provide 99.999 percent availability. Improved failover capabilities provided for the company's FX Series of fault-tolerant platforms; Capabilities.