'Fahrenheit' Is on Cable Once Moore
- Getting a captive audience. Bernier, Paula // Telephony;8/29/94, Vol. 227 Issue 9, p7
Opinion. Calls on telecommunication and cable television companies to address the concerns of potential customers of viewer-controlled cable television. Payment of a monthly subscription fee; Prices of pay-per-view movies and video-on-demand selections.
- With Set-Tops, Who Needs Meters? Mondics, Peter // Multichannel News;2/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p87
Discusses the nature of the digital set-top box for measuring cable viewership in the U.S. as of February 2004. Description of the digital set-top box; Lack of an accurate audience measurement for cable-television households; Purpose of the second-order statistics.
- REPORT: PAY-TV SERVICES ARE EXPECTED TO RISE. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;1/20/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on the prediction made by market research firm Parks Associates that 2014 will end with over 103 million U.S. households subscribing to pay-television (TV) service.
- Plug & Play:. // CableFAX Daily;7/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 138, p2
The article reports that TiVo needs to ensure that one-way digital cable ready products will continue to work with cable systems that use switched digital technology. TiVo is concerned that subscribers in the U.S. with a competitive entrant unidirectional cable product will not have access to...
- What good news? Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/22/2005, Vol. 387 Issue 50, p15
The article presents information about TiVo Inc., the digital video recorder company. TiVo nearly hushed Wall Street hears last week who were predicting lousy subscriber additions for the all-important holiday quarter. But TiVo said Friday it passed the 3 million mark on schedule and added...
- Golden Eyes. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;10/26/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p20
The article focuses on the increasing importance of high-definition (HD) standards in the television industry. It notes that high-definition televisions (HDTVs) are becoming the primary concern of television viewers, wherein most of them are expecting a higher quality video experience. According...
- Pay TV Sub Rolls Take a 2nd-Quarter Hit. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;10/26/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p34
The article focuses on the business of pay television (TV) services in the U.S. as of October 2015. It states that the number of pay TV subscribers remained steady in the second quarter of 2015, and mentions earnings of publicly traded cable operators like Comcast and Time Warner Cable. It notes...
- here! Networks Sees Continued Subscription Growth. // Echelon Intel;6/4/2009, p3
The article reports on the increase in the number of subscriptions to U.S. gay television network here! in 2008. It says that the subscription to here! rose by 21% amid the study by the Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) that showed consumers are reducing their...
- The Wired Home, An Information Utility. HURLEY, NEIL P. // America;12/2/1978, Vol. 139 Issue 18, p402
The article focuses on the rising popularity of cable television to provide sight-sound-data services to the public and private sectors in the U.S. The factors that contribute to the emergence of cable television are research and development, experimentation, rising costs of transportation due...