This Just In
- Cable should benefit from broadcast network upheaval. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;5/15/95, Vol. 125 Issue 20, p26
Reports that cable television networks in the United States are gaining advertising benefits from an unstable network broadcasting system where stations have a fast change of affiliation. Cable television advertisements; Share points of cable networks in prime time; Confusion from network shifting.
- Interconnects Eye Robust 2000 Sales. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;05/15/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p78
Highlights the strong advertising sales posted by major-market cable television operators in the United States for the first quarter of 2000. Projection that the robust first-quarter results should continue in the next quarters; Strong sales from automotive and media categories.
- Interconnects on the increase. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;2/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the growing demand for cable interconnects for helping national and regional marketers reach television viewers across an entire local television market in the U.S. Benefits of an interconnect system to advertisers; Percentage increase in national spot cable advertising in 2002;...
- Cable connects with advertisers. Cooper, Jim // Brandweek;09/20/99, Vol. 40 Issue 35, Media Outlook p38
Presents an outlook on cable programming in the United States for 2000. Merger activities of cable networks; Cable program ratings in 1999; Predictions on the increase in cable advertising; Obstacles in cable network growth.
- Cable Thrives in Down Economy. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/16/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the increase of cable television (TV) advertising in the U.S. in 2008. According to the article, the cable TV advertising grew 7.8% to reach $26.6 billion in sales. A report from the Nielsen Media Research Inc. shows that cable is a big bright spot in the declining market...
- In America. Elliott, Stuart // Campaign (UK);4/17/2003, Issue 16, p19
The article focuses on the coverage of war between the U.S. and Iraq by major cable television networks in the United States. Fox News Channel delights in repeating two slogans in its aggressive, bombastic promotional campaigns: "Fair and balanced" and "We report, you decide." Fox News Channel,...
- HBO READY TO HELP LI'L BUDDY CINEMAX. Dempsey, John // Variety;7/1/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 7, p16
Talks about the support given by cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) to its sister channel Cinemax, through advertisements in its network,in July 2002 in the U.S. Decline in the subscriber count of Cinemax; Percentage of pay-TV households in the U.S. which order HBO as their first...
- The Chairman's Message. Alexander, Tom // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p12A
Focuses on the opinion of the author, who is also the vice-president, trade marketing for Cartoon Network on cable marketing. Importance of the 20th Annual Mark Awards for cable marketers; Guidelines by the author on cable marketing for marketing professionals.
- The case for cable. Sims, Jonathan // MediaWeek;09/29/97, Vol. 7 Issue 36, p14
Opinion. Responds to Tom Cosgrove's article published in the September 22, 1997 issues of `Mediaweek' on criticisms about Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's (CAB) broadcast programming. Distribution of cable programming in the United States households; Concerns of advertisers with the...