CNNfn Cashes In Chips
- Double vision. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;5/6/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 18, pSR36
Discusses the concept of cable television spin-offs in the U.S. Television networks involved in spin-offs; Factors which contributed to the proliferation of spin-offs; Disadvantages of spin-offs.
- Double vision. Berman, Marc // Adweek Southeast Edition;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 19, pSR36
Reports on the growing trend of spinning off networks from existing cable television network brands in the U.S.. Examples of cable networks which created other networks; Total number of broadcast and cable channels; Reasons behind the growing trend; Potential pitfalls of the trend.
- Is Retrans Cash Viable? Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p41
Questions the viability of the retransmission profits of CBS Television Network, the cable television network being operated by Viacom Inc. Plans of the company to divide its operating units; Potential impact of its corporate spinoff on retransmission consent; Possibility of retransmission...
- Cablevision Move Sparks Speculation About Sale. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;10/27/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p3
Presents updates on the plan of U.S. firm Cablevision to spin off its satellite and entertainment cable channels into a separate company as of October 27, 2003. Speculation on the possible sale of its remaining cable system; Information on the revised plan of the company; List of its business...
- Cable gains 1 million homes. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the rise in the number of cable television subscribers in the United States in 2000. Improved prime-time ratings and viewership of top cable television networks in the country in 2000, according to data gathered by Turner Entertainment Research; Factors possibly attributing to the...
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- Making Time for Local Avails Pays Off. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;06/05/2000 Supplement, Vol. 21, p20A
Reports on United States cable networks' increasing accommodation of affiliates' requests for local avails. Bravo; Animal Planet; CNBC; Comedy Central; ESPN Classic; Fox News Channel; TNT.
- Emerging Networks Face Fight for Carriage. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p80
Reports on the results of a survey of cable operators in the United States, published in the June 2000 Myers Reports `Mediaeconomics' newsletter. Top-ranking emerging networks based on brand familiarity and carriage plans; Operators' views on the important attributes for adding a basic network;...
- Hooked Up. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/05/98, Vol. 128 Issue 41, p58
Presents news items on the cable television broadcasting industry in the United States. Extended contract of USA Networks' `Sunday Night Heat' weekly series; Statistics on the advertising revenues for leading basic cable networks during the first half of 1998; Satellite TV distributor Prime...