HD Promo Kicks Off
- Everything '80s is New Again. von Hoffman, Constantine // Brandweek;1/15/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p32
The article discuses the use of computer technology in DirectTV's commercials. They have taken characters such as Daisy Duke (played by Jessica Simpson) and Star Trek's Spock and transformed their scripts into advertisments by using voice-over techniques. Christopher Lloyd, from the movie "Back...
- The Price Is Right. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;11/22/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 47, p21
Reports on the launch of a high-definition video (HDV) camcorder and a videotape recorder from Sony Corp., as of November 2004. Features and capabilities of the equipment; Benefits to broadcasters and cable networks; Background on the HDV format.
- Cable networks, agencies at odds over ratings. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/93, Vol. 123 Issue 40, p63
Reports on the advertising community's reaction to the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's (CAB) recommendation for the measurement of cable audience on a weekly or monthly basis rather than quarter hourly. Suggested use of Nielsen Media Research data; Issue on the evaluation of a buy after a...
- Money follows. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;5/27/96, Vol. 6 Issue 22, Adweek p32
Presents forecasts for cable television's audience share for 1996. Efforts to encourage advertising in cable networks; Factors affecting television networks' purchase of cable commercial airtimes.
- Cable boasts record rating average. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/94, Vol. 124 Issue 28, p17
Presents the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's findings of the average record rating in total United States homes of advertising-supported cable television networks in June 1994. Prime time rating; Networks which show a ratings decline.
- Philly's looking good to cable spot and buyers. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;9/09/96, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p4
Reports on cable operators' vision to turn the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania into a marketwide interconnect region. Lenfest's Cable AdNet's plan to purchase competitor Metrobase Cable Advertising; Views of cable operators in tapping potential of city as a cable market; Problems cable...
- WB, Nick lead kids TV. Friedman, Wayne // Electronic Media;12/30/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p10
Discusses the rating performances of the cable television networks in the kids market in the fourth quarter of 2002. Increase in the advertising sales for the broadcast year 2002-2003 in the kids market; Improvement in the kid ratings of Nickelodeon; Cartoon characters providing the increase to...
- CAB: Cable's tight focus builds brand awareness. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;04/21/97, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p49
Describes the importance of household brand name awareness to American cable television broadcasters. Discussion of the issue during the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau conference held in April 1997; Role of branding efforts in the success of broadcasters; Factors attributed to the decline...
- Sponsors find the right fit. Heuton, Cheryl // MediaWeek;5/8/95, Vol. 5 Issue 19, Special Report: NCTA '95 p10
Reports on the trend among cable television networks to design programming to fit certain advertisers or categories of advertisers. Campbell Soups' sponsorship of vignettes on TV Food Network about easy-to-cook meals; Importance of getting the viewers' approval; Changes at Travel Channel;...