School Physical Education in the Post-Report Era: An Analysis From Public Health
- Healthy People 2010: Physical Activity and Fitness. // President's Council on Physical Fitness & Sports Research Digest;2001, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p1
The article presents information on the Healthy People (HP) 2010 initiative released by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) in January 2000. The initiative focuses on areas and objectives that aim to improve the health of the people in the U.S. over the next 10 years. The...
- HHS disability campaign urges children to exercise. Cobham, Kari // Nation's Health;Aug2004, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p16
In conjunction with the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office on Disability launched I Can Do It! You Can Do It! in May 2004. Organizers hope the initiative will create lifelong healthy habits in youth and children with...
- The New HHS Physical Activity Guidelines. Jonas, Steven // AMAA Journal;Winter2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p11
The article presents the first federally developed and approved guidelines on physical activity for Americans prepared by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Titled as Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, it provides...
- Government Launches Physical Activity Challenge. // Fitness Management;May2007, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p22
The article focuses on the 2007 HealthierFeds Physical Activity Challenge launched by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the Department of Health and Human Services. The challenge involves a six-week physical activity program designed to encourage federal employees to be...
- HHS Micro-Grant Pilot Program Available. // ASHA Leader;9/25/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the Community Implementation Micro-Grant Pilot Program established by the United States Department of Health and Human Services. Objective of the program; Benefits for local community groups; Coverage of the program.
- Million Hearts campaign seeks major reductions in heart disease, stroke. // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;2/14/2013, Vol. 79 Issue 29, p3
The article discusses the efforts of Million Hearts campaign, a national initiative of the U.S. Department of Health and Services, to reduce deaths the number of deaths in the U.S. due to heart diseases.
- `Healthy people 2010' aims to trim the fat. // AHA News;01/31/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p5
Announces the unveiling of the `Healthy People 2010' program by the United States Health and Human Services Department, which aims at improving public health. Health risks targeted by the program; Goals of the program; Existing disparities in the nation's public health.
- HHS Implements Health Emergency Plan. // BioWorld Today;1/11/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the National Health Security Strategy issued by the U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS).
- Government to Release Physical Activity Guidelines in 2008. Kufahl, Pamela // Fitness Business Pro;Dec2006, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans to be released by the U.S. government in late 2008. The guidelines target specific populations and summarizes the latest knowledge about health and activity. The guidelines will be developed by the Health and Human Services...