Chicago Mayor Daley to Debut Budget After a Month's Delay
- Daley's spending plan is a budget that works. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/18/93, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p12
Opinion. Comments on Mayor Richard Daley's 1994 budget for Chicago, Illinois. Spending plan; Balancing of taxpayers' resistance to additional taxes with expectations of enhanced city services; Emphasis on delivery of services to neighborhoods; Industrial street repairs; Rebuilding of viaducts.
- Daley's Proposed 2002 Budget Plan Gains High Marks. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p4
Reports on a proposed multi-billion dollar budget for the year 2002 unveiled by Chicago, Illinois-based Mayor Richard M. Daley. Features of the proposed budget; Characteristics of the proposed budget.
- Chicago City Council Approves Daley's $6B Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/20/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33008, p4
The article reports on the approval of Mayor Richard Daley's $6 billion, 2009 budget that closes a $469 million deficit by the City Council in Chicago, Illinois. The budget leaves the city's $500 million reserve intact along with the current property tax levy. According to Carrie Austin,...
- Chicago Mayor's $6.15 Billion Budget Gets City Council's Approval. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/18/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33419, p7
The article reports that Chicago City Council has approved the 6.15 billion dollar budget for the recovery of 654 million dollar deficit under the administration of Mayor Richard Daley in Illinois in 2010. It states that the strategic move was determined to maintain hiring of non-union employees...
- Chicago budget plan calls for $200 million of new debt, but no new taxes. Barr, Aaron // Bond Buyer;10/09/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30248, p40
Reports on Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard Daley's unveiling of budget proposal for 1998. Call for $200 million of new general obligation (GO) and revenue bonds; Use of GO and revenue bond proceeds to finance meat-and-potatoes projects.
- Chicago Mayor Offers $8.9B Budget With $190M of Bonding. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/12/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32485, p6
The article reports on the spending plan budget for fiscal 2007 worth $8.9 billion offered by Mayor Richard Daley to the City Council on October 11, 2006 in Chicago, Illinois. The total budget comprises of $5.67 billion all-funds budget and a $3.10 billion corporate fund. The revenues of $40...
- Chicago Mayor Daley to Delay Release Of Preliminary 2009 Budget Until Sept. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/31/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32930, p3
The article reports on the postponement made by Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley on the release of preliminary 2009 budget in Illinois to September 30, 2008. It is the first time in Mayor Daley's administration that the city failed to release preliminary budget reports by July 31. Mayor Daley...
- The budget fix. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;10/20/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p2
The article offers the author's opinion about Chicago, Illinois, Mayor Richard M. Daley's proposed 2009 two city budget. He considers it a step towards needed realignment of the city's finances. Chicago's structural budget deficit is $200 million a year. Daley's unpopular moves include letting...
- Chicago Mayor, Illinois Governer Discuss O'Hare, Gambling. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/8/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31631, p30
Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich and senior legislators, Chicago Mayor Richard Daley said legislation allowing the city to proceed with a 6.6 billion dollar expansion of O' Hare International Airport would be introduced on May 8, 2003 in the General Assembly. The state legislation would likely...