Southwest Voters OK $8 Billion of Bonds, Including Cowboys Deal
- Maryland Counties Raise Contributions To Purple Line P3. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/24/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34365, p1
Two Maryland counties have committed another $60 million to help fund the proposed $2 billion Purple Line P3 light-rail project.
- Midwest Sees Mixed Results for Bond Questions, and New Faces in Office. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p34
Reports on the results of bond elections in the Midwest on November 2, 2004. School bond issue in Ohio; Sales tax increase for financing stadium renovations in Kansas City, Missouri; Bond measures in Detroit, Michigan.
- Financing a stadium is tougher than winning a championship. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;09/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30235, p4A
Talks about the revenue bonds issued by Milwaukee, Wisconsin for the construction of a baseball stadium for the Brewers. Public ire against giving government aid to rich team owners; Cost of issuing convertible bonds.
- Public facilities. Cohen, Jodi B. // Bond Buyer;11/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30271, p23A
Reports on the decline in the bond issuance in the second half of 1997. Rise in the stadium and government spendings; Reasons for the top ranking of stadiums; Largest drop in issuance for the second quarter.
- Stadium funds not dead, Milwaukee says. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/09/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30431, p5
Reports on the Milwaukee Common Council's approval of the three-part funding package to pay for infrastructure at the new Brewers baseball park. Amount of bonds to be issued for the stadium project; Repayment of the bonds with parking-related revenues; Remarks of key officials regarding the...
- Northeast Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32001, p45
Reports developments related to bond transaction in the Northeast states in the U.S. Plan of the Maryland Department of Transportation to sell transportation revenue bonds; Criticism of former District of Columbia Mayor Marion Barry on the plan of incumbent mayor Anthony William to build a new...
- Austin Mayor: Put $1B for Rail on '08 Ballot. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/29/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32743, p1
The article reports on a November 2008 election called by Austin Mayor Will Wynn in Texas to build a nearly $1 billion passenger rail system that would connect the city's airport, downtown, and the University of Texas. The election would come eight years after voters narrowly refused a...
- Not so super-tram? Wild, Damian // Public Finance;02/23/96, p10
Reports on the finances of Sheffield Supertram in England. Rising concerns about Supertram's financial viability; Effect of increased revenues across South Yorkshire; Details of Supertram's problems.
- Transportation act would be a wreck. // Crain's New York Business;10/16/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p8
Urges the citizens of New York State to reject the proposed multi-billion dollar transportation bond act in the vote to be held on November 7, 2000. State officials' offering of a list of possible projects; Absence of concrete list of projects to be financed; Impact of the bond act on future...