- Riding out the storm. Striano, Elizabeth // American City & County;Oct2001, Vol. 116 Issue 15, p42
Provides information on the stormwater research program of the Water Environmental Research Foundation. Focus of the program; Research topics which are addressed in the program; Participation of public agencies responsible for stormwater management in the research program; Significance of the...
- Maryland improves regulation of construction sites. // Underground Construction;Aug2009, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the agreement of a coalition of environmental groups with Maryland's Department of the Environment over the general stormwater permit for construction sites. It predicts that the settlement will reduce polluted runoff at these sites to upgrade measures preventing water...
- New Guide Shows Value of Using Green Infrastructure. Hunter, Pam // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/7/2011, Vol. 266 Issue 7, p20
This article reports on the release of a guide on green infrastructure by the Center for Neighborhood Technology (CNT), a research institute based in Chicago, Illinois. The guide defines the value of using green infrastructure to manage stormwater and sewer systems in the U.S. Danielle Galet,...
- EPA proposes Stormwater II program. Barlas, Stephen // Underground Construction;Mar1998, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the Phase II of Environmental Protection Agency's stormwater protection program. Construction of underground stormwater treatment facilities and pipelines designed to transport polluted stormwater.
- Small cities await flood of stormwater regulations. Veal, Steve // American City & County;May96, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the importance of stormwater management and control in the United States. Stormwater requirements outlined by the Environmental Protection Agency; Categories of discharges; Amendments to the Clean Water Act; Use of geographical information systems; Comments by Jay Johnson, project...
- City moves forward on stormwater plan. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/15/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p5
The article reports on the decision of Grand Rapids city commissioners in Michigan to agree to spend 450,000 to update the city's Stormwater Management Plan in 2012.
- Stormwater funding moving to front burner. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2012 Book of Lists, Vol. 29 Issue 54, p79
The article discusses the developments in stormwater management in Grand Rapids, Michigan, particularly the efforts by the West Michigan Environmental Action Council (WMEAC) to secure financing for an upgrade to the stormwater system in the area.
- Underground stormwater system is a win for retail development. // Underground Construction;Mar2011, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p8
The article notes the plans for designing an underground stormwater system for the Looking Good apparel store which will be situated at the urban area of Montgomery, Alaska to meet local regulations for municipal stormwater control.
- Filter fabric and liner trap sediment. Dayton, Scottie // Municipal Sewer & Water;Jun2013, p45
The article presents a case study of the Brookfield, Connecticut-based stormwater management program requiring engineers to trap sediment that could flow into collection chambers at the Riverview apartment complex.