Storm Tax Relief?
- Tax Limits and Property Values. Kindahl, James K. // Land Economics;Aug83, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p315
This article addresses issues concerning the housing market and property taxation in the U.S. A number of states have passed legislation designed to provide property tax relief. These measures have varied greatly in scope and effectiveness; they have included limits on property tax rates,...
- 2012 Legislative bulls & bears. // Corridor Business Journal;5/21/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 43, p12
The author criticizes the state legislature for failure to pass a comprehensive property tax relief, wherein Iowa will remain to be the second highest commercial and industrial property taxes in the U.S., and homeowners and businesses will be collected by about 2 billion-dollar of new property tax.
- Exemption increased. // East Bernard Express (TX);3/22/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p3
The article reports that senior citizens in Brazoria, Texas will receive an additional break on their property taxes after the city council instructed the city attorney to write an ordinance.
- Calhoun legislation extending STAR deadline passes assembly. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;02/02/98, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p27
Reports that New York State legislator Nancy Calhoun has sponsored a bill extending STAR or the school property tax relief program in the state. Deadline for applications in various counties; March 2, 1998 as the latest filing date for STAR application acceptance.
- Homeowners Deserve Property-Tax Relief. Finch, Gary D. // Business Journal (Central New York);3/10/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p35
The article focuses on the proposal of a comprehensive plan that would reduce the growing property tax burden for homeowners in New York. The new proposal called "Saving Our Homes-The Assembly Republican Party Tax Relief Plan" includes enhancements to the School Tax Relief Program, additional...
- Tax tip. Dunlap, Robert C. // ABA Banking Journal;May95, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p9
Comments on the likely chances of losing property tax advantage at the time of banks being shuttered and closed. Useful tips to avoid high rate of property tax on branches declared obsolete; Branch closing trends.
- PROPERTY TAX RESTRUCTURING IN INDIANA: THE ROLE OF TAX RATE VARIABILITY. Bohanon, Cecil; Faulk, Dagney; Hicks, Michael // Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Taxation;2008, p241
The article examines the relationship between property tax restructuring and property tax variation in Indiana in 2008. It offers a brief history of the property tax reform movement in the country. It discusses the assessed value played in introducing the 2008 restructuring and the role...
- ADJUSTMENTS FOR HOUSEHOLD SIZE IN PROPERTY TAX CIRCUIT-BREAKER PROGRAMS. Fisher, Peter S. // National Tax Journal;Jun80, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p161
Although the rationale for circuit-breaker property tax relief is probably weak, such programs have become entrenched in numerous states and should be reformed so as to operate as equitably as possible. Performance depends crucially on the definition of household income employed. Probably the...
- Property tax percentage going down for businesses. // Inside Tucson Business;5/16/2005, Vol. 14 Issue 49, p3
The article reports that in Tucson, Arizona, property tax percentage is going down for businesses by a half-percent per year until it gets to 20 percent. Currently the property tax rate is applied to businesses at 25 percent of their assessed valuation.