D.C. Committees OK Stadium Plan; Barry Returns to Council
- Philly's Fields of Dreams? Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p1
Reports on the proposed construction of two new stadiums in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which calls for the Philadelphia Authority for Industrial Development to issue $394 million taxable and tax-exempt debt. Uncertainty that the revenue streams tentatively outlined in the plan will be enough...
- Bond Issue for Houston Texans' Stadium Reaches Goal Line. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p5
Reports on the Harris County Sports Authority's issuance of revenue bonds to finance a new football stadium for the Houston Texans. Amount of the bonds issued; Lead manager and co-managers for the deal.
- Green Bay-Brown County Board Ready With Packers Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31119, p32
Reports on the plan of the board overseeing the renovation of Green Bay, Wisconsin's Lambeau Field to sell fixed-rate bonds and floating-rate paper in a deal that will wrap up public financing for the project. Amount of bonds to be issued; State Board of Commissioners of Public Land Trust's...
- N.J. County Announces $150M Deal for New Soccer Stadium. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32190, p3
Reports on the Hudson County, New Jersey Improvement Authority's plan to sell tax-exempt bonds as part of a plan announced on August 4, 2005 to build a stadium for the MetroStars professional soccer team. Total amount to be raised from the sale; Location and construction cost of the proposed...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p33
Reports on the status of various U.S. legislative bills concerning municipal bonds and public finance as of October 12, 2004. Safe, Accountable, Flexible, and Efficient Transportation Equity Act of 2003; Jumpstart Our Business Strength Act and American Jobs Creation Act of 2004; Energy Tax...
- Nebraska Lawmakers Face Tax Cuts, Omaha Convention Center Measure. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p31
The article reports on the proposed measures that would reduce taxes in Nebraska and bring in additional revenues for Omaha to repay bonds it issued to build a convention center and arena. It discusses the upcoming gubernatorial elections in the state with Governor Dave Heineman facing two...
- Watkins: Tax Enforcement Reforms Appear Achievable. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31476, p4
Reports the revised tax enforcement reforms proposal of municipal issuers and bond lawyers in the U.S. Plan of issuers to elect on the assumption of financial responsibility; Creation of monetary penalties and sanctions for tax-law violations; Information on the available sanction to the...
- Colorado's effort to reduce taxes could lower tax bases, officials say. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30554, p36
Reports that the proposed legislation to reduce taxes in Colorado Legislature could lower tax bases of municipal bond issuers. Bills that could potentially cut income to cities, counties and school districts; Law requiring lawmakers to return a year of excess revenue to taxpayers.
- Price tag for Sen. Hatch's IRS reform proposal: $11 million. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/31/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30362, p4
Focuses on the legislative proposal to enable municipal bond issuers to appeal an Internal Revenue Service plan to tax bonds. Additional federal revenue from the US Senate's IRS reform bill; Key provisions of the bill.