Voters Nationwide Approve 90.5% of Bond Issues
- Ballot measures -- Seven weeks away. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/9/2004, Issue 323189, p22
Reports on the political developments in California as of January 2004. Decision of the voters on the number of ballot measures; Amount of the bond proposal; Supporters of the bond measure.
- Bond Ballot Roadblock. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32338, p1
The article reports that the deadline to put an infrastructure bond measure on California's June 6, 2006 ballot has not been met. There are questions on whether the deadline would be modified to accommodate the measure on the June ballot or if a bond bill will be postponed to the November 2006...
- ALASKA: Anchorage Sets Bond Votes. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/16/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32570, p9
The article reports that $134 million of general obligation bond measures have been placed by the Assembly of Anchorage, Alaska on the city's election ballot. One of the measures included in the package is $85 million requested by the Anchorage School District board. The remaining amount of...
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;2/2/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32062, p28
This article provides a table that lists bond elections involving $500,000 or more and gives the dates when voters are scheduled to cast their ballots. Bonds include Alamo Comm Coll Dt, Aubrey ISD, Beiton and Cedar Park.
- November ballot hi-jinks. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/14/2006, Issue 323582, p24
The article discusses ballot initiatives in relation to the November 2006 election in California. In proposition 1A, it will be difficult for the Governor and the Legislature to transfer gasoline tax revenues from necessary transportation projects to general fund activities due to voter...
- Miami-Dade Wants Voters To OK$2.75B. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31931, p1
Reports on the approval of referendum questions for the U.S. general election ballot by Miami-Dade County commissioners asking voter for approval to issue $2.75 billion of general obligation bonds. Purpose of bond proceeds; Construction and improvement of public project in Florida's largest...
- Bad News for Bonds? Braun, Martin Z.; Albanese, Elizabeth; Williams, Rochelle; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31257, p1
Presents news briefs related to ballot measures in several U.S. states for bonds as of November 02, 2001. Bond packages introduced in Texas; Issuance of general obligation debt in California; Proposed amount of bond referendums in Virginia.
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;12/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31283, p26
Presents information on bond elections to provide approval to states in the U.S. for issuing the bonds as of December 12, 2001. Dates scheduled for voters to cast their votes; Schedule for elections for approval of Union Public School District bonds in Oklahoma; Bond elections which are to be...
- FLORIDA: Marco Island's Septic Question. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/21/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32655, p9
The article reports that Marco Island voters in Florida are in the process of casting ballots through the mail to determine whether they want to subsidize the cost of a septic tank replacement program with the issuance of up to $88.6 million of general obligation (GO) bonds. If voters approve...