Bush Wins, Tax Reform Likely
- Market on Pins and Needles Over Congress' Tax Plan Action. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;4/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31613, p6
The municipal bond market of the U.S. may have to wait, before Congress makes a decision on whether to include in a tax bill all, some, or none of the U.S. President George W. Bush's proposal to eliminate shareholder taxes on dividends. But Congress could act to increase the Treasury's debt...
- Muni Market Fears Competition From Bush Tax-Free Savings Plans. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31570, p5
Reports on the apprehensions of the U.S. Municipal Bond Market from the U.S. President George W. Bush's proposed tax-free savings account plan. Outline of the plan; Reasons behind the apprehensions; Possible difficulties in implementation of the plan.
- President Bush Signs Long-Delayed Tax Reconciliation Bill Into Law. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/18/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32384, p5
The article reports on the signing of U.S. President George W. Bush of the long-delayed tax reconciliation bill into law in May 17, 2006. The legislation requires brokers to submit tax-exempt interest and to have written loan agreements for at least thirty percent of proceeds at the time of...
- TBMA Optimistic That Bush Will Relax Muni Curbs. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p5
No abstract available.
- Groups Call For Easing Restrictions. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/22/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32799, p1
The article reports on the call among municipal market groups in the U.S. to include proposals that would ease restrictions on bonds in the economic stimulus package. The call for easing municipal bond restrictions came as U.S. President George W. Bush threw his support behind drafting a...
- The Impact of the 2003 Tax Act. Feely, Pam // Advisor Today;Sep2003, Vol. 98 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 signed by U.S. President George W. Bush. Effect of the tax treatment of dividends and capital gains created by the act on the investment choices made by financial advisors and their clients; Change in the selection of...
- The 'Winners' and 'Losers.'. // CPA Journal;Oct2006, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p16
The article presents an analysis of the tax proposals of the Tax Advisory Panel of U.S. President George W. Bush. On November 1, 2005, the Advisory Panel on Federal Tax Reform issued its report entitled Simple, Fair, and ProGrowth: Proposals to Fix America's Tax System. It compares the treatment...
- Explaining the Bush Tax Cuts. Bartlett, Bruce // Commentary;
Discusses issues on the tax-reform legislation proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush. Information on the initial tax proposal of Bush in 1999; Modifications made to the tax legislation signed by Bush in June 2001; Provision for the tax proposal signed in May 2003.
- Bush Signs QZAB Renewal, CREB Extension. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p5
The article reports on the approval of the "tax extenders" legislation that contains several municipal bond related-provisions by President George W. Bush in the U.S. The Tax Relief and Health Act of 2006 was signed into law in a ceremony in the Old Executive Office Building adjacent to the...