- Vending machine operators try upscale for change. Knutson, Ted // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/09/98, Vol. 16 Issue 45, pB3
Reports on Canteen Vending Services' addition of new food entries in its corporate vending machines. List of food added to the products offered in Canteen Vending's vending machines; Basis of the company's strategy; Overview on several factors affecting the vending machine industry.
- Vending Machine Makeovers. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Dec2006, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p10
The article offers information about healthful vending programs as nutritional and reimbursable option adopted by the schools in the U.S. The aim of healthy vending programs is to help address the childhood obesity epidemic which becomes popular in school districts. The Corpus Christi...
- Canteen declares Market Central relaunch a three-year success story. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/25/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p22
Reports on United States-based Canteen Vending Services' declaration that its relaunch is a three-year success story. Emphasis on fresh foods and national restaurant brands; Rise in cold-food sales; Signing of franchise deals with independent vending operators.
- Canteen brings QSR brands to vending. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jul98, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p20
Focuses on the vending initiative of the Canteen Vending Services company on restaurant branded products of three national quick-serve restaurant (QSR) chains in the United States. Details on the vending program; Information on QSR branded foods to be vended; How the program will maintain...
- Florida Corrections inks pact with canteen. // FoodService Director;11/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p14
Reports that the Florida Department of Corrections (FDOC) will be installing vending machines at visitor facilities around state as part of an agreement with Canteen Vending Services. Regional contract between the contractor and the state prison system; Benefits from employing an attendant for...
- Canteen redefines vending biz. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p20
Reports on Canteen Vending Services' launch of five new merchandising packages and restaurant brands in September 1998. Three-pronged strategy of Canteen's Fresh to You food program; Branded partnership agreements with Blimpie, Hardee's, Sbarro, Rally's, Nathan's Famous, Red Baron, and Newman's...
- Debate. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;12/3/2001, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p7
Presents opinions from kids concerning the plan of banning vending machines in schools in the United States.
- Goodbye to Soda. // Junior Scholastic;9/4/2006, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p5
The article reports that vending machines of the U.S. schools are not using soda anymore.
- Case Studies. Joyner, Amy // American School Board Journal;Oct2005 Supplement, Vol. 192, p16
This article focuses on the wellness policies of several schools in the U.S. as of October 2005. The comprehensive wellness policy of Leon County Schools in Tallahasssee, Florida begun in early 2003, when Superintendent Bill Montford was appointed to the Healthy Florida Foundation. The group of...