Pork fuels 3rd-quarter rise in market index
- Food industry performance indicators improve; Cost per mile, cost per route, cost per stop fall. Macklin, Gary // Refrigerated Transporter;Dec2002, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p20
Reports on the improvement of the food industry performance indicators in 2002. Effects of economic downturn on the performance indicators of wholesale grocers and retail supermarket chains; Cost per mile of fleet operations; Aspects of wholesale grocery delivery.
- SEAFOOD SOLE EXCEPTION: 1st-quarter inflation hits 10-year
high. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;4/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p46
Presents 2004 first-quarter index on the food industry in the U.S. Wholesale price index for all meats; Reason beef prices fall from the record highs posted in November and December 2003; Outlook for world and domestic poultry markets; Information on the year-to-date commodities market index...
- Vegetable processors plan for recovery. // Prepared Foods;Jun94, Vol. 163 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the recovery efforts of canned and frozen vegetable packers in the United States for 1994. Contracting for more than one million acres of corn, peas and green beans; Percent of increase in acreage contracted; Factors for the low production in 1993.
- February PPI Drops 1.4%; Core Rate Rises 0.3%. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32344, p2
The article reports on the decline of producer price index to 1.4 percent in February 2006 in the United States. It is driven by a large decline in energy and food prices. The core rate in February 2006, which excludes food and energy, has risen 0.3 percent in February following an unrevised 0.4...
- Sept. PPI Rises 1.1%; Core Rate Up 0.10%. // Bond Buyer;10/18/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32736, p37
No abstract available.
- PPI Increases 0.1%; Core Rate Unchanged. // Bond Buyer;11/15/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32755, p6
The article reports on the favorable producer price index (PPI) data in the U.S. in October 2007. It is inferred that the PPI was up 0.1%, but its core PPI was unchanged in a favorable showing of bonds which was believed to be due to the 2.7% off in light trucks, 1.3% decline in computers, and...
- FORECAST. Theinpont, Charles // Restaurant Business;12/01/1997, Vol. 96 Issue 23, p81
Presents an outlook for the wholesale-food market in the United States for 1998. Projection on the inflation rate; Wholesale price index for 1997; Forecast on prices by category; Reasons for the increased frozen fruit inventories and frozen vegetable holdings.
- MEAT PRODUCTION TO RISE 1% THIS YEAR: Inflation rate cools, up 0.95% from '01. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p40
Presents an update on the wholesale prices of products from different food categories in the U.S. as of June 15, 2002. Meat; Seafood; Commodities.
- Producer Price Index Plunges. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/15/2015, pA01
9 The producer price index sank 0.4% in April, defying forecasts for a 0.2% rise. It's fallen 3 of the first 4 months in '15 and stands 1.3% lower for the year, the steepest annual decline since '10. The core index, which excludes food and energy, was 0.8% higher vs. a year earlier, the slowest...