Prison specialists pursue elusive dollar
- Pricing strategies speak volumes about quality, value. Spielberg, Susan // Nation's Restaurant News;10/4/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 40, p66
Reports on the research about the relationship between menu prices and product quality and value in the U.S. Reciprocal relation between hospitality marketers and consumers with reference to 00 and 99 price endings; Acceptance of 00 and 99 pricing endings as extrinsic cues for quality and value...
- Caterers bite back. Hanson, Joyce // Crain's New York Business;9/15/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p2
The article presents information on new ideas being adopted by the catering, and food service industry to counter increases in food prices. Some food service companies are passing along their higher costs to their clients while caterers have also been forced to take other steps. These include...
- THE CHEAP LIST. // New York;7/18/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 23, p48
The article reviews several restaurants in New York that offer food priced 25 U.S. dollars and below including Bi Lokma, Fisherman's Dawta, and Souvlaki GR.
- Indies, 'groupies' stave off aggressive chains through food quality, innovation. Liddle, Alan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/15/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 33, p98
Discusses the author's views on the status of fast food chain restaurants in the U.S. Contention on the changes of menus in fast food chains; Citation of strategies the author had observed from various restaurants; Assertion on the need to serve dinnerhouse-quality foods at fast-food prices.
- Climbing costs level profit margins for NY, NJ operators. Duecy, Erica; Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/29/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 48, p8
Reports on issues discussed at the 89th annual International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show in New York. Factors attributed to the decline in profit margins of restaurants in New York and New Jersey; Sales recovery of foodservice establishments; Food prices in October 2004.
- Side Dishes. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;3/25/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p28
Reports developments related to the hospitality industry as of March 2002. Plan to reopen the Cutters restaurant in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Plan of charging inmates of prisons for the food they can eat in North Dartmouth, Massachusetts; Feature of insects on the menu at Soda restaurant in...
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR. Hanks, Calvin; Price, Alistair; Tate, Steve // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/20/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4678, p18
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles including one related to food safety, second related to the idea of hospitality old guys and gals (HOGGS) in hospitality industry, and last related to the cost of eating out.
- Pricing Inflation Forecast: See 3% hike on menus. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p24
Presents statistics on food service menu prices in the United States in 1999. Menu prices for 1999; Reason for the projected modest increase in the cost of food-away-from-home in 2000.
- Is your business truly sustainable? Stagg, James // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/1/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4647, p5
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on carbon footprinting of food, another on spiralling food costs faced by professional kitchens in the Great Britain, and the low-energy luxury offered by the hotel Coworth Park in Windsor, England.