- The Room Service Menu. King, Paul // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p30
This article presents way to achieve menu success with a room service program in a hospital. Room service allows hospitals to broaden the menu choices available to patients. The key component is customization, it is important to personalize the menu to the patient before they ever see it....
- The Pod SQUAD. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Dec2010, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p20
The article discusses the approach used by hospital foodservice directors to achieve patient's satisfaction at University of Utah Hospital in Utah. It outlines the importance of planning an upgrade to patient meal approach including room services. It also suggests the significance of a pod-based...
- Room Service Refined. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p52
The article offers information on the increasing trend of room service among hospitals in the U.S. as it is said to provide patient satisfaction and improved food quality service. It mentions that the new service being implemented among hospitals has also helped staff give each patient a better...
- Get Out the China. Dalton, Aaron // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Mar2005, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the establishment of a gourmet room service by the Medical City hospital in Dallas, Texas. Reason behind the establishment of the service; Financial benefits of the service to the hospital; Increase in the satisfaction of patients with the room service.
- Hospital does double-take. // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the increase in sales of the cafeteria at Silverton Hospital in Oregon since its implementation of room service programs. Percentage of patients who rated Silverton's foodservice as excellent according to the internal mail-back survey conducted by the hospital; Components of the...
- KIDS' HOSP. ADDS TO A LA MINUTE MENU. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the drop in food costs at Childrens' Hospital of Los Angeles in California since the implementation of room service. Percentage of decline in food costs; Advantages of room service system; Effect of the room service program on labor costs.
- SERVICE UP, WASTE AND COSTS DOWN: Hosp. redirects expenses with room svc. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p5
Reports that Highline Community Hospital in Burien, Washington has redirected foodservice operational expenses by replacing traditional meal trays with room service. Functions of room service staff; Schedule of the room service.
- Older people's care experience in community and general hospitals: a comparative study. Green, John; Forster, Anne; Young, John; Small, Neil; Spink, Joanna // Nursing Older People;Jul2008, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p33
Community hospitals are an important component of the post-acute care pathway for older people. The objective of this study was to describe and contrast patients' and carers' experiences of community and general hospitals. Interviews with patients and carers revealed similarities in the...
- The Road to Room Service. King, Paul // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p24
This article discusses the concept of implementing room service programs in hospitals. There are many benefits to such a program, the most potent of which is a marked increase in patient satisfaction scores at hospitals that have switched. According to Mary Spicer, director of nutrition services...