Price is right--not!
- A Certain Feeling in the Air. Robinson, Alan // Frozen Food Age;Dec2007, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses various papers published within the issue, including one by Mike Hartnett on the effect of rising commodity costs on food makers and another by Howard Riell on refrigerated drinks category.
- PEOPLE & INDUSTRY. // Food Engineering;Nov2000, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p84
Reports on developments concerning executives in the United States food industry and trade sector. Promotions and job changes; Consolidation trend in the food industry; Profile of executives in the food industry.
- PEOPLE. // National Provisioner;Sep2002, Vol. 216 Issue 9, p110
Presents news on executives in the food processing industry in the United States as of September 2002. Appointment of Tracy Allen to become the regional sales manager at Gainco Inc.; Food industry sales manager post given to Charles Burkholder at Steril-Aire.
- Early Risers. Klara, Robert // Restaurant Business;09/15/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 18, p24
Profiles several young executives of the food industry in the United States. Concern of chef Rick Gresh over a restaurant career; Impression of Gregg Majewski, chief finance officer for Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwich on the restaurant business; Awards received by Susan Burns, managing partner...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/05/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p54
Presents news items concerning food industry suppliers in the United States as of March 2001. Kellogg USA's naming of Carla Cooper as president of it natural and frozen foods division; Promotion of Shirley Brown to director of national training in the food service and bakery/delicatessen...
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Gourmet Retailer;Oct2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p13
Provides updates on the executives of the food industry in the United States as of October 2000. Includes award given to Heida Thurlow, founder and president of Chantal; Employment of Robert Smith as corporate vice-president for merchandising of The Grand Union Company; Death of Emmanuel Kan,...
- Chilling opportunities, responsibilities. SPARKMAN, DAVID L. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);Fall2008 Cool Cargoes Supplement, p28
The article discusses the global growth of the cold storage industry and how the increase of public refrigerated warehouse storage is meeting the demands. It notes that the increase are from countries like the U.S., France and Germany, with a total of 15 percent increase from 2006. Cost concerns...
- Regional protection rates for food commodities in Russia: Producer and consumer perspectives. MELYUKHINA, OLGA; QAIM, MATIN; WEHRHEIM, PETER // European Review of Agricultural Economics;1998, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p395
This paper examines producer- and consumer-protection measures for a set of food commodities in three Russian oblasts. Secondary data for the period 1992â€“1995 show that agricultural producers were taxed but at a diminishing rate. Secondary sources for 1995, supplemented by a comprehensive...
- Soaring wheat prices in store for plant bakers. Pendrous, Rick // Food Manufacture;Aug2003, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p11
Reports that British millers are widely expected to impose price increases as the global supply and production for wheat grain prices increase. Factors that have influenced the likely increase in price of wheat grains; Implications for manufacturers of branded products; Comments from John...