- SALES UP IN INDIANA: Students embrace grab-n-go format. // FoodService Director;1/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on the grab-n-go foodcourt of the Custer Baker Middle School in Franklin, Indiana. Description of the foodcourt; Items included in the menu served by the foodcourt; Benefits of the foodcourt to students; Effort of the school's foodservice team to gather ideas on design and operation of...
- REWARDS FOR HEALTHY EATING: SCHOOL INCENTIVIZES STUDENTS. // FoodService Director;3/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1
Provides information on Kid-fit, an incentive-based nutrition program, adopted by Lynnfield Middle School for its students in Lynnfield, Massachusetts. Features of the Kid-fit program developed by Costa Fruit & Produce; Objective of the initiative launched by Nancy Antolini, food service...
- TO ENCOURAGE PARTICIPATION: Middle school adds courtyard. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the opening of a courtyard food service and serving lines at Carmer Valley Middle School in Del Mar, California. Features of the Bobcat Grr...ill cafeteria; Entrees offered; Price range of entrees.
- Relay For Life. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/11/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p4C
The article announces the public invitation to participate in decorating the luminarias of Barton Middle School cafeteria in Hays County, Texas on May 11, 2011
- Using Commodity Funds: Schools Buying Local. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p6
Highlights the cooperative purchasing program used by school districts in Florida to purchase fresh produce for their cafeterias. Monthly volume produced by the cooperative; Support given to the cooperative.
- SOUP it up! // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p55
Reports on the popularity of soup among meal producers and consumers in the U.S. Variety of soup offered at Fairport Central School in New York; Favorite soup of students; Comments from Steve Myers, executive chef at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
- District and Hospital Partner to Bring Healthy Foods to Students. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p11
The article discusses the collaboration of the foodservice divisions of Cooperstown Central Schools and Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in serving healthy lunch menus to students.
- In brief. // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p12
Presents news items concerning the food service industry in the United States. Includes the popularity of the University of Southern California's catering facility as site for parties and special events; CulinArt's appointment of Tom Eich as president; Orion Food Systems' plan of opening four...
- School foodservice leaders receive FAME awards. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p58
Reports that school foodservice leaders were chosen as winners in the 11th Annual Foodservice Achievement and Management Excellence Awards.