SCOOTING AROUND THE SET
- New Products & Services: Rolling Right Along. Holben, Jay // American Cinematographer;Mar2005, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p90
Introduces the Shooter Scooter dolly system, designed by camera operator Peter Warren for VFGadgets Inc. in the U.S. Feature of the product; Measurement of the scooter; Cost of the dolly system.
- VFGadgets.com Shooter Scooter. // Video Systems;Feb2006, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p40
The article evaluates Shooter Scooter, a combination of production gear cart and a pro dolly system, from VFGadgets.com.
- Energy absorption characteristics of aluminum plates subjected to projectile impact. Iqbal, M. A.; Gupta, N. K. // Latin American Journal of Solids & Structures;Dec2008, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p259
This paper presents a detailed investigation of energy absorption characteristics of thin single as well as layered in-contact aluminum target plates of different thicknesses impacted by blunt, ogive and hemispherical nosed steel projectiles. Influence of various parameters affecting the energy...
- Service Center Inventories Cause for Concern? // Metal Center News;Nov2006, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p44
The article reports on issues and topics concerning the shipments of steel and aluminum products from the U.S. Indications showed that the shipments of these products declined in September 2006. Inventories of both metals rose and inventory-to-sales ratios deteriorated. According to industry...
- Stuff Adds UM, iShock. // Dealernews;Mar2006, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on the move of Motorcycle Stuffs to expand its distributed offerings with the addition of new aluminum products in the United States. The products includes nerf bars, bumpers, air boxes, oil tanks, skid plates and wheel spacers. The Black Jack Pro Peg Nerf Bar is built from...
- All Mod Cons. Johnson, Dennis // Dealernews;May2006, Vol. 42 Issue 6, Special section p6
The article features the GTS 250 scooter that combines the classic style and modern substance manufactured by Vespa company. The GTS 250 is powered by a four-stroke, fuel-injected 250cc engine that supports an automatic transmission. It comes with an adjustable 12-inch rubber and hydraulic shock...
- How to select shock absorbers. // Machine Design;08/21/97, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p114
Presents information on shock absorbers. How shock absorbers prevents shock damages to equipment from becoming a serious problem; How shock absorbers work; Rules which help size an industrial shock absorber for a horizontal application. INSET: Composite bearings..
- Shock absorbers. Arnold, Ted; Katcher, Phil // Automotive Marketing;Apr98, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p54
Presents statistical information pertaining to shock absorber purchases. Indication that 76% of buyers who purchased shocks and struts in 1997 were men; Percentage of respondents to the 1998 Consumer Automotive Repair study who installed shock and struts themselves.
- Soft, smart, stop. // Design News;9/20/93, Vol. 49 Issue 18, p66
Features the Sensor Shock, a device that combines the functions of a shock absorber, proximity sensor and stop collar. Ability to simplify materials-handling, assembly line and machine-tool design; Surface area; Absorbable shock per cycle; Contact information.