THE LORD OF THE RINGS
- New Wrinkles In Saatchi Showcase. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;06/23/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 25, p1
Reports on changes implemented in the Saatchi & Saatchi New Directors Showcase, which was presented at the Cannes International Advertising Festival in 2000. Representation for up-and-coming film directors in the field of animation; Other film directors whose work were showcased during the event.
- ANIMATION. Creamer, Jonathan // Televisual;Nov2003, p8
Features the animation "A Frog's Life." Concept of the animation; Producers of the show; Developer of the backgrounds.
- The Director and the DP. Nulph, Robert G. // Videomaker;Oct2008, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p56
The article focuses on how a good relationship between filmmaker/director and Director of Photography (DP) can benefit a project. It is stated that the DP is responsible for the look of the video and for all relevant equipment and crew and that he should collaborate with the director to create...
- The 1994 International Animation Festival. Ilnes, Tony // Image Technology;Sep1994, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p142
The article highlights the 1994 International Animation Festival in Cardiff, Wales. According to the author, the festival has always had the influence of Cannes which was once a cosy and bewilderingly a scattered affair in Cambridge. The festival was participated by different animated film...
- Film Roman Nets Five Directors From Level13. Takaki, Millie // SHOOT;3/8/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p7
Reports the appointment of four individual directors in the animation studio Film Roman in North Hollywood, Los Angeles in California. Career history of appointed animation directors; Services offerings of Film Roman; Company background.
- INTERVIEW WITH MED HONDO. Willemen, Paul // Framework: The Journal of Cinema & Media;Spring78, Issue 7/8, p28
This article presents an interview with the filmmaker Med Hondo. When asked about how he sees his role as a filmmaker in the context of his cinema being deconstructive, he stated that the term deconstructive is interpreted as a formula contrast to the Hollywoodian hegemony of narrative...
- ANIMATION: GORE VERBINSKI. // Daily Variety;10/24/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 16, p20
The article discusses an interview with film director Gore Verbinski, one of the honorees at the 2011 Hollywood Awards held in Los, Angeles, California, in which he spoke about the animation for the film "Rango."
- THE STORY REEL. Burcksen, Edgar // CinemaEditor;2009 3rd Quarter, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p34
The article offers information on aspects of editing in the field of animation in the U.S. The author states that the director starts with the artwork of characters and locations to make storyboard of all the scenes after a script of an animation film has finished. Next phase is the animatic in...
- Christian Bevilacqua. // CREATIVITY;Nov2007, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p68
The article presents a profile of Great Britain-based motion picture director Christian Bevilacqua. Bevilacqua earned his degree in illustration. The film "Doodle" is one of his notable works. His dexterous animated styles are found in the puppetry "Dodgy Dealer" and super cute character work on...