- MINNESOTA: Moody's Warns HealthEast. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/3/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32540, p25
The article reports on the warning given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. concerning the HealthEast Care System's possibility to fall back into junkbond territory based on the plan that demands for capital spending because of the system's low investment-grade rating of Baa3 in Minnesota. It is...
- Moody's gives HealthEast Inc. the bad news: A negative Ba1. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30565, p25
Focuses on Moody's Investors Service's downgrading of the rating of Saint Paul, Minnesota-based HealthEast Inc.'s junk bonds. Group of investors most likely to take the hardest hit from any price changes; Low-cash balance of the company.
- With Virginia on Watch List, Moody's won't Set Deadline. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31848, p3
Reports that the Moody's Investors Service has no specific deadline for Virginia to enact a budget. Assessment of the budget cycle; Impatience of Moody's about the failure of the legislature to enact a budget for fiscal 2005-2006; Rate of the state.
- Private ABS slipping away? // Asset Securitization Report;6/11/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p1
Despite the robust public ABS market, or perhaps in part because of it, true private asset-backed securities have been scarce, with volume steadily declining for the third straight year as of June 11, 2001. The market peaked in 1998 under $13 billion in issuance, decreasing to $10 billion in...
- Moody's: Expect More State Shakedowns of HFAs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31611, p32
After extracting more than $500 million from U.S. state housing finance agencies (HFA) in 2002, states who are short of funds are planning to take about $365 million in new raids on agencies this year to help close projected budget gaps, and the new raids may lead to HFA rating downgrades, says...
- Moody's Knocks Down California's Outlook. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/17/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31658, p1
Moody's Investors Service Inc. revised the outlook on its A2 rating for California's general obligation (GO) bonds to negative from stable on June 25, 2003. The outlook change, which affects $34 billion in debt issued by the state, comes as the state sells $1.7 billion in GO in...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Albanse, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32003, p2
The article presents information on topics related to financial deals and developments in the United States. Colorado Governor, Bill Owens on November 1, 2004 submitted a proposed 5.7 billion dollars budget for fiscal 2005 to lawmakers. The 5.7 billion dollars number includes only state...
- Connecticut Makes Quick Return To Market With $265M GO Sale. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31629, p4
Only three weeks after its last sale, Connecticut is back in the market in the first week of May 2003 with 265 million dollars of fixed-rate general obligation bonds. Though the state was in the market in mid-April 2003 with 372 million dollars of general obligations (GO), assistant treasurer...
- Moody's Upgrades Flint, Mich.'s $7.4 Million of Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/20/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32053, p6
Reports on the improvement of the debt of Flint, Michigan by Moody's Investors Service. Increase of the rating on unlimited-tax general obligation; Reflection of the stability in the budget; Use of the proceeds from the sale of financial recovery general obligation bonds to shore up the 2005 budget.