Despite September Gains, Muni Funds' 3Q Stays Negative
- Fourth Week of Outflows After Year's Worst. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/25/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32118, p7
The article reports that according to AMG Data Services, municipal bond mutual funds suffered a fourth straight week of outflows, as weekly reporting funds had a net loss of $234.45 million during the week ended April 20, 2005. The loss followed $277.33 million in outflows the previous week, the...
- Chemplast Sanmar to report loss in Q4. // Chemical Business;May2007, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p75
The article reports that Chemplast Sanmar Ltd. had a net loss of Rs 1.38 crore for the fourth quarter of 2006-2007. This was attributed to a Rs 8-crore provision the company made against a disputed tax liability. It is noted that the company made a pretax profit of Rs 8.50 crore for the said...
- THE IMPACT OF CHANGING THE CORPORATE NET OPERATING LOSS CARRYBACK PERIOD. Cooper, Michael; Boynton, Charles // Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Taxation;2004, p231
Discusses the changes in the corporate net-operating (NOL) loss carryback period to five years in the U.S. for years ending in 2001 and 2002. Comparison of the NOL carryback tax liability adjustment; Usability of the CORTAX Master File to the Office of Tax Analysis in measuring the evolution of...
- CORPORATE EARNINGS. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/28/2014, Vol. 43 Issue 34, p7
The article presents financial reports of some Utah corporations including holding company Zions Bancorporation reporting 76.2 million dollars net earnings for quarter ended March 31, 2014, and computer hardware and software systems company Fusion-io reporting 30.7 million dollars net loss.
- Heid's Iomega Departure Shows Industry Woes. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;2/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p9
The article presents several business developments in San Diego. After experiencing annual net losses, Iomega Corp., CEO Werner Heid announced his resignation following discussions with the board. Overland Storage, Inc. reduced its financial results for the second quarter ended December 31., and...
- IRS, two Mississippi counties reach $1.2 million settlement. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30180, p1
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service will collect $1.2 million from Mississippi's Hind and Warren counties after ruling that their housing bond issues are taxable. Payment of penalties by participants in the bond deal; Share of lawyer Derryl W. Peden in the penalties; Provisions under...
- Polk Co., Fla., Moves Ahead With Bond Sale. // Bond Buyer;06/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30910, p2
Reports that Polk County, Florida commissioners will issue one bond for $65 million, instead of two, to finance a long-awaited road expansion program. Revenue sources to back the bond; Local-option tax; Voters' rejection of the infrastructure sales tax; Imposition of gas tax.
- Significant 2002 California Tax Law Developments. Micheli, Chris // Journal of State Taxation;Fall2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p76
Focuses on significant 2002 California tax law developments. State budget accord; Net operating loss carryovers; Bank bad debt reserve accounting.
- D.C. Council Aborts Out-of-District Muni Bond Tax. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31509, p5
Reports that District of Columbia Council terminated the planned tax on interest earned on municipal bonds on November 7, 2002. Utility of the money to be generated from the tax; Reasons for termination of the taxes; Projected money that would have been generated from the taxes.