NEWS IN BRIEF
- Moody's: Expect More State Shakedowns of HFAs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31611, p32
After extracting more than $500 million from U.S. state housing finance agencies (HFA) in 2002, states who are short of funds are planning to take about $365 million in new raids on agencies this year to help close projected budget gaps, and the new raids may lead to HFA rating downgrades, says...
- With Virginia on Watch List, Moody's won't Set Deadline. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31848, p3
Reports that the Moody's Investors Service has no specific deadline for Virginia to enact a budget. Assessment of the budget cycle; Impatience of Moody's about the failure of the legislature to enact a budget for fiscal 2005-2006; Rate of the state.
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;2/25/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33272, p2
Corrections to articles about the outlook for financial guarantors from Moody's Investors Service Inc. and the finances of Washington D.C. are presented.
- ILLINOIS: Housing Debt Upgraded. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/22/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33667, p9
The article reports that the housing bond program of the Illinois Housing Development Authority was upgraded from A1 to Aa3 by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in recognition of its positive financial position, which reflected in its 149% asset-to-debt ratio.
- California Housing Finance Agency HMRB Upgraded to A3 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;2/13/2015, Vol. 1, p1
Moody's Investors Service said it upgraded the long-term underlying rating on California Housing Finance Agency's home mortgage revenue bonds to A3 from Baa2.
- Moody's Puts Michigan on Watch, Citing Weak Economy. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31803, p3
Moody's Investors Service Inc. placed the state of Michigan's general obligation debt on its watch list for a possible downgrade, citing the weak economy that has caused the state to deplete its reserves.The action affects about 1.1 billion dollars of general obligation debt and about 15 billion...
- Moody's Takes California Off Watch, Affirms Baa1 for GOs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/24/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33171, p4
The article reports on the move of Moody's Investors Service Ltd. to remove California from a negative outlook following the revisions of the state's latest budget in 2009. It notes that the agency gave Baa1 rating on the state's general obligation bonds. It states that lawmakers created...
- Somers, Wis., Downgraded to Baa2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;2/20/2015, Vol. 1, p1
Moody's Investors Service said it has downgraded to Baa2 from Baa1 the rating on the town of Somers, Wis.'s general obligation debt.
- CalHFA Bonds Could Get an Upgrade. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;3/5/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34070, p1
The article informs that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has assigned A3 rating on California Housing Finance Agency's multifamily revenue bonds. It reveals that the Moody's Investors Service is reviewing agency's bonds issued under its Multifamily III indenture to assess indenture's ability to...