People In The News
- Marvel's new chief is top shareholder. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;10/18/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the appointment of Isaac Perlmutter as CEO pf Marvel Enterprises, replacing Allen S. Lipson.
- Marvel man's selloff roils stock price. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;8/29/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 41, p4
Announces Marvel Enterprises vice chairman Isaac Perlmutter's selling of a percentage of his shares in the company stock for estate-planning purposes. Sale of the shares through four private block deals.
- Fine to Head Marvel Publishing Division. MacDonald, Heidi; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;9/20/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 38, p12
Reports on the appointment of Alan Fine as president and CEO of the publishing division at Marvel in September 2004. Views of Marvel CEO Allan Lipson on the appointment; Information on Gui Karyo, predecessor of Fine.
- B&N Priming Publishing Pump. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/20/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 38, p8
Reports on the decision of Barnes & Noble to expand its publishing operations in 2004, according to CEO Steve Riggio in the U.S. Challenges faced by the company in selling books; Plan of the company regarding its classics line; Number of books published in cooperation with Marvel.
- THE EDITOR'S NOTE. Bail, Kathy // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/26/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6352, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the performance reports of best chief executive officers (CEO) published in the November 26, 2002 issue of the journal 'The Bulletin.' Compilation of best CEO list; Performance evaluation of CEO; Other features published in the journal.
- people. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;11/8/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 45, p12
Presents an update on the appointment and selection of several executives in the U.S. publishing industry as of November 8, 2004. Sandee Roston at the Avalon Publishing Group; Dan DiDio at DC Comics; John Dokes at Marvel; Seth Fleischman at HarperCollins.
- Marvel lifts pair of execs. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;9/27/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 60, p5
The article reports that Marvel Entertainment has promoted two executives, David Maisel and John Turitzin, to the newly created role of executive vice president at the office of the chief executive. Maisel and Turitzin will join chief executive Isaac Perlmutter. Maisen, Turitzin and Perlmutter...
- Marvel's CEO suite adds some muscle. Zeitchik, Steven // Variety;10/2/2006, Vol. 404 Issue 7, p5
The article focuses on the move of Marvel Entertainment to have three CEO. In late September 2006, the company promoted David Maisel and John Turitzin to CEO, along with Isaac Perlmutter. Maisel will oversee interactive and the studio, while Turitzin will focus on publishing. Perlmutter will...
- Perlmutter Named Marvel CEO. MacDonald, Heidi // Publishers Weekly;11/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 44, p12
Reports on the appointment of Isaac Perlmutter as CEO of Marvel following the retirement of Allen Lipson in 2004. Contributions of Perlmutter in the company prior to his appointment; Amount of shares owned by Perlmutter in the company; Move of the executive to sell several stocks prior to the...