In bed with designers
- remake your bed. Martin, Crystal // Redbook;Oct2007, Vol. 209 Issue 4, p36
The article offers tips and suggestions for styling a bedroom. To give a bedroom an illusion of depth, the use of contrasting paint colors for the molding and the area within is suggested. A room will also have a contemporary look by turning a favorite fabric into wall art, while a traditional...
- Designers who love country. // Country Living;Oct2003, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p103
Presents opinion of U.S. top 11 interior designers on ways to bring home its warmth, its character, and its comfortable charm.
- Dream catchers. NAUMOFF, MICHAEL; CORDONY, STEVE // Belle;Apr2014, p89
Photographs are presented of house furnishings and decors including Hortensia cushion from Southwood, Orlando queen duvet in Chino from HouseHold Linens, and Eden king single bed from Incy Interiors.
- Dorm, Sweet Dorm. ALLISON BAKER, KYM // Ebony;Sep2015, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p64
The article offers tips in organizing a small-spaced dormitory room. Topics discussed include the utilization of walls as storage space, use of colors to brighten up the space and investing in matching bedding to accessorize the room. It also offers tips on storing shoes and accessorizing with...
- Idea File. // Good Housekeeping;Aug2011, Vol. 252 Issue 8, p39
The article offers recommendations for home decoration and interior design. Tips include designing window treatments, buying new shower curtains from stores such as Bed, Bath & Beyond, and purchasing bedding and sheets from designers such as Liz Claiborne and DKNY. A tip for using the Cost Plus...
- Show Stopper. // Better Homes & Gardens;May2008, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p90
The article describes the design and furnishings of a girl's room. The room features a palette of blue and green, with a hint of sherbet pink. Painted stripes accent the peaked ceiling, while white walls allow the playful mix of fabrics. The room also showcases patterned bedding, a pint-sized...
- Arts & Crafts Baths: TWO WAYS. MAHNKEN, CARISA // Arts & Crafts Homes & the Revival;Fall2013, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p26
The article focuses on the two bathrooms that were decorated using colorful wave-patterns, new sink and toilets, and Craftsman design.
- The Power of Pretty. // Veranda;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p50
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the homes and home furnitures in the U.S.
- GUIDING LIGHT. PETERSEN, KAITLIN // Veranda;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p107
The article looks at the House of Light in Seattle, Washington designed by architect Jim Olson, which feature sloping lawn, lakes views, creamy colors and wood furnishings.