Bringing some sunshine
- Charity check; FTBA. // Cabinet Maker;12/17/2004, Issue 5419, p39
The article reports that Furnishing Traders Benevolent Association has been spreading ever more goodwill In the run up to Christmas. It arranged for three people to have holidays recently as part of its Edenfield scheme. Alan Sykes, a former Slumberland rep of 10 years, enjoyed a five-day...
- Aging Gracefully. Cohen, Edie // Interior Design;Feb2002, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p99
Focuses on the development of a housing complex for motion picture and television fund beneficiaries in Woodlands Hill, California. Amenities at the Center; Project architect; Land area of the facility.
- CHARITY BABY! // BOYZ;5/27/2010, Issue 978, p20
The article reports that charitable institutions including Terrence Higgins Trust and the Albert Kennedy Trust have been selected as beneficiaries of the 2010 XXL Bear Pride fundraising in Great Britain.
- Who Really Gets Your Money? Alleyne, Sonia; Scott, Matthew S.; Brown, Monique R. // Black Enterprise;Feb2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p130
Discusses ways to protect one's donation so it will be given to the rightful beneficiaries. Problems that arise when giving a donation; Information on how to educate donors; Details of a checklist consumers should use to make sure charities are using their donations responsibly.
- GAME FOR A LAUGH. // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p31
Reports on the fund raising activity of furniture company, Ercol Furniture employees to aid the FTBA Cushion Club. Amount raised by the company; Activities during the fund raising event.
- Brookshire's food drive ends Saturday. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);12/19/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p4
The article reports that more donations are needed to help the 13,000 families targeted to receive assistance from the Brookshire's Spirit of Christmas Food Drive in Texas.
- Youtheatre's gift from benefactor tied up in probate. Serwach, Joseph // Crain's Detroit Business;07/10/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p41
Focuses on the controversy over the grants from benefactor Mickey Miners for Michigan Youtheatre in Michigan. Absence of provisions specific for Youtheatre in Miner's will; Excerpts of the will; Issues related to the release of the $24,000 worth of life insurance policy designating Youtheatre...
- Women's Fund makes first round of grants. Dobie // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/27/99, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p22
Focuses on the beneficiaries of the Women's Fund of Central Indiana. Emphasis on women- and girl-serving agencies; Recommendations by three study groups; Major supporters of the fund; Success of fund-raising dinners.
- GREAT PLACES. Brown, Dick; Brown, Sue // South Dakota Conservation Digest;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p22
The article discusses the South Dakota Parks and Wildlife Foundation in South Dakota. It elaborates on the Foundation's mission, beneficiaries, and donation investments. It reports on several fundraising initiatives by the Foundation including one on Blood Run National Historic Landmark and...