A maze of myths
- Workers' rights top agenda as Chinese have radical rethink. Millar, Michael // Personnel Today;6/13/2006, p2
The article presents information related to the Labor Contract Law that is going to be implemented in China. New rules regarding labor contracts are included under the Labor Contract Law while employers can withhold wages, terminate contracts without notice and refuse to renew contracts under...
- Contract Employees. Sridhar, R.; Panda, S. // Indian Journal of Industrial Relations;Oct2014, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p204
Companies have been deploying numerous employment types to obtain labour cost Advantages - temporary, trainee, casual, contract . These employment types are a majorcause of labor unrest and industrial strife, While the argument in favor of deploying Multiple employment types are familiar -...
- Restrictive Covenants in Employment. Bowal, Peter; Brierton, Thomas // LawNow;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p42
The article discusses the restrictive covenants in employment law and contracts in Canada. The author states that majority of employment rights and obligations are applicable during the term of employment and contracts should maintain employee restrictions and non-competition agreement for the...
- Terms of endearment. Exten-Wright, Johnathan // Commercial Motor;6/1/2006, Vol. 203 Issue 5180, p42
The article emphasizes the need for British employers to make employment terms and conditions clear to employees. Work rules and disciplinary rules are some of the terms which can make up the full contractual relationship. Employers have a legal requirement to provide all employees who have at...
- Adopting employment contracts. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;May95, Vol. 115 Issue 1221, p119
Focuses on a case concerning employment contract in Great Britain. Facts and details of the case; Review of related law and cases.
- The fluid OPTION. Paton, Nic // Employee Benefits;May2007, p44
The article provides information on the Fixed Term Employees Regulations of 2002 in Great Britain. The ordinance's provisions include the right of employees to be moved to a permanent status upon the discretion of the company and the right to receive the same benefit package, pay and conditions...
- PRINCIPAIS ALTERAÃ‡Ã•ES AO REGIME DA CESSAÃ‡ÃƒO DO CONTRATO DE TRABALHO NO NOVO CÃ“DIGO DO TRABALHO. MAGALHÃES, JOSÉ AMORIM // Actualidad Juridica (1578-956X);2009, Issue 24, p95
O artigo apresenta uma anÃ¡lise sobre as principais alteraÃ§Ãµes do regime da cessaÃ§Ã£o do contrato de trabalho no novo CÃ³digo do Trabalho de Portugal, aprovado e publicado em anexo Ã Lei no. 7/2009 de 12 de fevereiro.
- Ä°ÅŸ SÃ¶zleÅŸmesinin GeÃ§erli Sebeple Feshinde Ultima Ratio ve Sosyal SeÃ§im Ä°keleri. Töre, Nazlı // TISK Academy / TISK Akademi;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p130
No abstract available.
- UAE EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS: LIMITED OR UNLIMITED. // Law Update;5/20/2015, p1
The article mentions two types of employment contract that employers can issue to employees under the United Arab Emirates Labour Law No. 8 of 1980 such as limited term or unlimited term contracts. Also are mentioned definitions of such contracts, their appropriate use and number of such...