Easy does it for UK arrivals
- Ouch, ouch, ouch! Miller, Hal // Model Retailer;Aug2008, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p6
An introduction to a special report on how model retailers can lower their business costs and at the same time attract customers discussed within the issue is presented.
- Retailers adjust merchandise, carry less options for shoppers because of economic climate. Glogau, Diana // Pipe Dream;6/15/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 25, p7
The article discusses the impact of the change that retailers adopted in the U.S., particularly the clothing sector wherein they cut back its plus-sized clothing for women.
- Flagships flying high. Curan, Catherine // Crain's New York Business;1/26/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p3
Low-budget key chains were demoted in rank, along with other merchandise in New York City. Starting next month, customers instead will be able to buy a $30,000 diamond-encrusted apple charm at the new retail store Louis Vuitton Pacific Ltd. store on the same corner. Louis Vuitton's debut comes...
- FORFÃS REPORT TO EXTEND BEYOND NORTHERN IRELAND. // Checkout;Aug2008, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p6
The article highlights a report by ForfÃ¡ which compares the cost differences for retailers in Ireland and Northern Ireland and retail businesses in Great Britain and Europe. The report was commissioned by Enterprise minister Mary Coughlan. It discusses key cost categories that are faced by...
- German retail: moving away from the price focus. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p59
The article focuses on the strategy of German retailer Aldi Inc. Such company is aiming to pass on price increases due to the growth of raw material costs in food. Such move is believed to be a change in perspective, which is being followed by other retailers. However, a new stage in retail...
- store openings. // Furniture/Today;7/19/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p32
Reports on the openings of several stores related to furniture industry in the U.S. Drexel Heritage in Southlake, Texas; Design of the Interior in Winnetka, Illinois; Rowe Furniture in Kahului, Hawaii.
- Armani Casa Debuts at AtmosphÃ¨re in Santurce. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;9/22/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p14
Reports on the acquisition of the exclusive distribution rights to Armani Casa collection by locally-owned upscale furniture retailer AtmosphÃ¨re in Puerto Rico. Sale of Armani Casa furniture and home accessories; Investment of the firm in the local market; Outstanding service and comfortable...
- Open house. Soltani, Sonia // Cabinet Maker;11/18/2005, Issue 5465, p18
Features the Harmer furniture store on New Kings Road in London, England. Factors influencing the owner's decision to base the store at her house; Description of the store's interior design; Product ranges.
- Diversionary tactics. // Cabinet Maker;12/2/2005, Issue 5467, p20
The article discusses the attempts of furniture stores in Great Britain to offer furniture not made from oak. Retailers are attempting to diversify their offerings to break the monopoly of oak furniture. Lenleys of Canterbury are offering mahogany and waxed cherry dining furniture. Castle...