Kirkham: DFS is the only company for me
- Discounting to the death. // Cabinet Maker;10/1/2004, Issue 5408, p3
The article reports on the successful attempt of Lord Kirkham to buy back DFS Furniture Co. PLC. As a private firm, DFS can now afford to take a hit to its margin to see off rivals. Freed from the shackles of being a PLC, with demands for constant growth, Kirkham can now turn his attention to...
- Taking effect. Barker, Linda // Cabinet Maker;11/26/2004, Issue 5416, p12
The article focuses on Graham Kirkham, executive chairman of DFS Furniture Company PLC., who has borrowed nearly £s;500 million to buy back DFS. What seems to have particularly frustrated Kirkham was the media interpretation of his silence on whether he would stay or go when his...
- DFS: going back to its roots. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p8
Analyzes the attempt by DFS executive chairman Lord Kirkham to buy back the Great Britain-based furniture company. Amount of the offer; Objective for the move.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;9/17/2004, Issue 5406, p5
Reports on developments related to furniture industry in Great Britain as of September 17, 2004. Sale of Myer's and Staples contract of Myer's Bed to Mattison Woodworking Machinery Co.; Date of vote on Lord Kirkham's increased takeover bid for DFS Furniture Co. PLC; Plan of Laura Ashley...
- Lord Kirkham will stay if his bid for DFS fails. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p3
Reports on DFS executive chairman Lord Kirkham's takeover bid for the Great Britain furniture store chain. Plan of running the company even if his offer fails; Worth of the offer.
- DFS profits rise 19.4%. Osiowy, Danusia // Cabinet Maker;5/5/2006, Issue 5486, p6
The article reports on the booming trade and soaring profits of DFS Furniture Co. PLC. This rise in profit is due to DFS chairman Lord Kirkham's controversial decision to take the company into private ownership. There has been 8% increase in turnover for 2005 which amounts to Â£576m as...
- DFS: still standing at the crossroads. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;9/10/2004, Issue 5405, p8
Analyzes the chances of Lord Kirkham in taking over DFS, the furniture chain he founded in 1969, with a renewed and higher bid. Kirkham's reason for the taking the chain private; Advantages of having his bid accepted by shareholders; Plans of Kirkham in the event that his offer is rejected.
- DFS is gaining on last year's figures. // Cabinet Maker;12/08/2000, Issue 5217, p2
Reports on the financial performance of upholstery retailer DFS in Great Britain as of September 2000. Comparison with 1999 figures; Growth prospects for 2001.
- Turn off the telly. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;10/25/2002, Issue 5310, p1
Comments on the strong financial performance of British furniture manufacturer DFS Furniture PLC in 2002. High level of advertising by DFS; Efforts to upgrade DFS stores and designs.