Courts UK team 'gets to grips with change'
- Doing it RIGHT. Dimma, William A. // Ivey Business Journal;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p55
Cites that succession planning for the chief executive officer's (CEO) position is one of the most crucial roles for a board and its directors. Categories of companies based on the nature of their share ownership; Definition of wholly-owned companies; CEO succession in a public company with a...
- MEASURING return on SENIOR RECRUITS. Small, Alan G. // Ivey Business Journal;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p60
Offers a look at how senior managers are recruited and then suggests how it could become a more meaningful activity for any company filling a vacancy on the senior management team. What Return on Recruitment (ROR) is; How long it takes to complete an executive search; Ways the ROR measure can...
- HAPPY ENDINGS. Brandt, John R. // Industry Week/IW;8/13/2001, Vol. 250 Issue 11, p17
Offers guide to hiring a successor who will lead the company. Reasons most leaders are not qualified to choose their own replacement; How to manage the transition in record time; Challenges faced by a successor.
- Leadership Succession: Dilemma or Opportunity for the Future. Lovell Jr., J. Thomas // Parks & Recreation;Feb2003, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p12
Asserts that each corporate department should have a written succession plan which covers special situations and emergencies involving management coverage and succession. List of key succession planning questions; Steps to follow in selecting a professional recruitment firm.
- Head hunting. Carayol, Rene; Firth, David // Director;Jan2002, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p58
Focuses on the significance of succession planning. Advantages of planning ahead; Tips on scouting for a successor.
- Executive succession. // Management Review;Aug77, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p60
Presents results of a study by Donald L. Helmich of the University of San Diego, Graduate School of Business Administration in San Diego, California regarding executive succession. Pitfall of failing to match successor attributes with demands of the position; Variables influencing executive...
- The Next Generation of Board Members. Rock, Milton L. // Directors & Boards;Spring86, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Edward Huton on a discipline approach of rotating directorships to expose young managers to the board and another on several suggestions for alternative approaches of recruiting the heir to the chief executive...
- Bench Strength. Byham, William C. // Across the Board;Feb2000, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p34
Provides strategies to business enterprises regarding succession planning. Impact of the downsizing of middle management on training grounds for potential leaders; Some of the demands of leadership positions; Ways for businesses to retain their key executives and managers; Tips in developing an...
- CEOs forecast strong demand for marketing execs over next 5 years. // Marketing News;8/21/1981, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p1
Forecasts the demands for marketing executives in the U.S. from 1981-1986. Results of a related survey conducted by Russell Reynolds Associates Inc.; Importance of information systems executives to marketing; Factors contributing to the improved status of demands for the executives.