Discounting to the death
- Kirkham: DFS is the only company for me. // Cabinet Maker;10/1/2004, Issue 5408, p5
The article reports on the dedication of Lord Kirkham towards DFS Furniture Co. PLC. After successful buy back of DFS, Kirkham accepted that he would probably have stayed at DFS even if his bid to buy back the company had failed. And even if he had left, he would not have set up another...
- Lord Kirkham will stay if his bid for DFS fails. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p3
Reports on DFS executive chairman Lord Kirkham's takeover bid for the Great Britain furniture store chain. Plan of running the company even if his offer fails; Worth of the offer.
- DFS profits rise 19.4%. Osiowy, Danusia // Cabinet Maker;5/5/2006, Issue 5486, p6
The article reports on the booming trade and soaring profits of DFS Furniture Co. PLC. This rise in profit is due to DFS chairman Lord Kirkham's controversial decision to take the company into private ownership. There has been 8% increase in turnover for 2005 which amounts to Â£576m as...
- DFS: going back to its roots. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p8
Analyzes the attempt by DFS executive chairman Lord Kirkham to buy back the Great Britain-based furniture company. Amount of the offer; Objective for the move.
- Taking effect. Barker, Linda // Cabinet Maker;11/26/2004, Issue 5416, p12
The article focuses on Graham Kirkham, executive chairman of DFS Furniture Company PLC., who has borrowed nearly £s;500 million to buy back DFS. What seems to have particularly frustrated Kirkham was the media interpretation of his silence on whether he would stay or go when his...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;9/17/2004, Issue 5406, p5
Reports on developments related to furniture industry in Great Britain as of September 17, 2004. Sale of Myer's and Staples contract of Myer's Bed to Mattison Woodworking Machinery Co.; Date of vote on Lord Kirkham's increased takeover bid for DFS Furniture Co. PLC; Plan of Laura Ashley...
- DFS catches up in digital race. // Cabinet Maker;8/16/2013, Issue 5849, p11
The article focuses on the move of sofa chain DFS Furniture Co. Ltd. to renovate its website in an effort to achieve a more tablet and mobile device friendly format.
- DFS offer opposition. // Cabinet Maker;8/13/2004, Issue 5401, p3
Reports on the opposition of investment bank to the plan of Lord Kirkham to buy DFS in Great Britain.
- WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR WEBSITE'S QUALITY? // Cabinet Maker;8/21/2009, Issue 5651, p11
The article provides information on the survey focusing on furniture retailers in England. It notes that the survey reveals the online winners and losers in 2009, including DFS Furniture Co. Ltd., Argos, and Laura Ashley Ltd. Moreover, a chart is presented which depicts the result of the survey...