Salt Lake Mobility
- Why Measure C matters. Newvine, Steve // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/9/2005, Issue 323450, p27
Comments on the importance of passing the Measure C sales tax for transportation improvement funding in California. Significance in establishing cooperative planning and implementation among local governments; Role in providing an opportunity to build a system that can meet future needs;...
- TransNet Backers Face Uphill Battle. Kovach, Lisa // San Diego Business Journal;9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the intensification of the debate on TransNet (Proposition A), the half-cent sales tax funding transportation projects of San Diego County, California. Functions of Proposition A; Terms and conditions; Solution to transportation problems.
- SummitCARES tax initiative deserves support of voters. Brennan, Ann Amer // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/23/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p11
Focuses on SummitCARES, a citizen-driven tax initiative intended to raise the sales tax in Summit County, Ohio. Utilization of government funds collected through the tax initiative; Percentage of the total return from the fund created by the sales tax that will be used by the city government;...
- CPAs say sales tax should be in place. Oliver-Méndez, Ken // Caribbean Business;5/18/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p20
The article reports on the need for making any necessary adjustments to an already implemented sales tax system, according to Certified Public Accountants Association President Rolando LÃ³pez in Puerto Rico. The Association is opposing to the application of sales tax to food items. The...
- Legal. Hopkins, Bruce // Association Management;Jan1996, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p22
Discusses whether an association is required to collect sales tax for sales by exhibitors at its trade show. Sales by the association itself.
- Phoenix Voters Approve $31.7B Transportation Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/27/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34368, p1
Phoenix voters have approved a $31.7 billion transportation plan funded by an increase in a dedicated sales tax.
- Protecting transportation funds. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/2/2006, Issue 323564, p26
The article discusses the launch of a coalition that aims to close the loophole in Proposition 42 in California. In 2002, California voters approved Proposition 42 which dedicated gasoline sales tax money to transportation projects. Due to state budget deficits, the governor and the legislature...
- Who's Being Served? // State Legislatures;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on service-related transactions to sales tax bases of U.S. states. Information on states that tax more than a hundred services, according to a study conducted by the Federation of Tax Administrators; Percentage of business services taxed; Number of states which are adding or removing...
- New tax stream pitched for museums. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;5/15/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p3
The article reports that cultural institutions seek more public help in the form of a quarter-cent sales tax in Cook County, Illinois. This was revealed by a report being issued by the Civic Federation. The tax policy group says the estimated $120 million a year in proceeds from such a levy...