- Munis Little Changed as Market Awaits Non-Farm Numbers. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article examines the status of municipal bonds in the United States as the market waits for the February 2006 non-farm payrolls report. According to traders, intermediate paper was slightly weaker during the midday of March 9 but improved by the end of the session. The author also examines...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.
- Muni Buyers Show Up Big For California. Saskal, Rich; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports on California's economic recovery bond offering in 2004. Strong demand for the bonds; Expected total sale of the bonds; Marketing efforts for the bonds; Reduction of yields on several maturities before the final pricing.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p33
Presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 6, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; One-year note index; Reoffering yields;...
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.
- Indexes Fall For Second Consecutive Week, Indicating Market's View of Economy. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p6
Reports on the decline of most of the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes for the period July 1, 2004 to September 23, 2004. Evidence of the bond market's dimmer view of the economy when compared with that of the Federal Reserve; 20-Bond Index; Revenue Bond Index; 11-Bond Index; Municipal Bond...
- Municipals Rise on Coattails Of Continuing Treasuries Rally. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p2
Reports that the municipal bond market rose on October 14, 2004, as Treasuries continued to rally, stimulating tax-exempt buyers-particularly relative-value payers and tender-option bond programs-to step up their bids and come off the sidelines. Impact of rising oil prices and speculation that...
- Municipals Finish Little Changed Ahead of Nonfarm Payrolls Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/7/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32234, p2
Reports on the outcome of the municipal bond trading in the U.S. as of October 6, 2005. Unwillingness of buyers to take on more paper out for the bid; Continuation of the activity of long bonds; Composition of the bonds involved during the trading session.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32250, p7
Presents a chart depicting the Bond Market Association Municipal Swap Index in the U.S.
- March Sees Large Spike In Issuance. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p1
Reports that issuance in the long-term municipal bond market in the U.S. has picked up in March 2004. Comparison with issuance levels in earlier periods; Projected increase in borrowing by states, local governments and municipalities over the next few months.