SouthTrust Corp., Wachovia Corp. Complete Merger
- Spate of Big Bank Mergers to Continue. Friedlander, Josh // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/28/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 26, p47
Reports on the plan of Wachovia Corp. to acquire SouthTrust Corp. in the U.S. Impact of continued consolidation on the banking sector; Total amount of the acquisition; Services offered by the companies.
- REIT to Buy More Wachovia Branches. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;3/29/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 59, p2
Reports that American Financial Realty Trust, a real estate investment trust, has renewed a contract to purchase most of the bank branches that Wachovia Corp. will sell. Details of the contract; Consideration of Wachovia's closure of 174 branches in connection with its purchase of SouthTrust...
- SouthTrust Misses as Loan Growth Slows. Boraks, David // American Banker;10/21/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 203, p16
Reports that 2004 third-quarter profits at SouthTrust Corp. fell a penny a share short of analysts' projections. Description of factors contributing to the profit shortfall, such as slower loan growth; Financial statistics for the third quarter; Consideration of the company's sale to Wachovia Corp.
- Wachovia's Birmingham Layoffs Jump 43%. Boraks, David // American Banker;1/12/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 8, p20
Reports that Wachovia Corp. raised from 829 to 1,183 the number of layoffs it expects to make in Birmingham, Ala., as it integrates the operations of SouthTrust Corp. How the cuts will be at SouthTrust's former headquarters in Birmingham as well as in back-office operations there.
- SouthTrust Reps Optimistic About Wachovia Acquisition. Hintze, John // Bank Investment Consultant;Aug2004, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p8
Focuses on the planned acquisition of SouthTrust Bank by Wachovia Bank in the U.S. Claim of a SouthTrust insider that the company's financial advisors will not be fired; Information on the activities of Wachovia; Expectation of SouthTrust representatives on the array of investment products and...
- Deal Boosts Wachovia's Share. // National Mortgage News;6/28/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the merger between U.S.-based banking companies Wachovia Corp. and SouthTrust Corp. Details of the purchase agreement; Company background; Impact on the home mortgage businesses of the companies; Impact of the merger on the banking industry.
- Wachovia Wealth Exec Eyes New Markets, Again. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;12/14/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 238, p1
Focuses on Wachovia Corp. executive Linda Bowden. Addition of new markets; New position overseeing fifty-five of the companies' wealth management teams; New markets in Alabama and Texas added through the acquisition of SouthTrust Corporation; Expansion of wealth management groups due to the...
- Debating How Ala. Customers Will Greet Wachovia. Reosti, John // American Banker;6/25/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 122, p1
Discusses the significance of Wachovia Corp.'s multi-billion dollar deal for SouthTrust Corp. Implications of the deal for community banks; Comments of Steven R. Glasscock, president and chief executive officer of Merchants Financial Services Inc.; Acquisitions of large local banks by...
- What's Behind Wachovia Split of Bank Leadership. Boraks, David // American Banker;7/12/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 132, p1
Discusses reasons behind Wachovia Corp.'s plans to split its consumer and commercial banking operation into two regions. Acquisition of SouthTrust Corp.; Willingness to retain some of SouthTrust's high-level personnel; Creation of an additional layer of management that would allow it to retain...