FTN Takeover of Spear Leeds to Increase Sales Capabilities
- Goldman Purchasing Spear Leeds for $6B. // American Banker;9/12/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 175, p4
Reports on an agreement by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. to purchase Spear Leeds & Kellogg LP. Cost of the sale; What the deal will offer Goldman Sachs.
- Goldman Said in Talks on Spear Leeds Buy. // American Banker;9/11/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 174, p32
Reveals that Goldman Sachs Group Inc. is in talks to purchase Spear Leeds Kellogg LP in an effort to build the firm's market-making capabilities. Some of the other companies that Goldman Sachs has considered buying; When the transaction could be announced; Efforts by Goldman to expand beyond...
- Downtown agency set. // Crain's New York Business;12/3/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p42
Reports business related developments in New York, New York as of December 2001. Imposition of penalty to Spear Leeds& Kellogg for failure to supervise employees; Acquisition of Washington Mutual Inc. by Dime Bancorp; Merger plan of RediBook and Archipelago Holdings.
- 1st Horizon Closes Fixed-Income Deal. Boraks, David // American Banker;1/11/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 7, p20
States First Horizon National Corp. bought the fixed-income business of Goldman Sachs Group Inc. The amount paid by the Memphis company for Spear, Leeds & Kellogg; Integration of the business with First Horizon's FTN Financial capital markets division.
- Goldman Slams Lid on Spear Leeds Arb Department. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/5/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p4
Discusses issues on the risk arbitrage department at Spear Leeds & Kellogg. Details on the acquisition of Spear Leeds by Goldman Sachs that led to the closure of the department.
- Spear's Arb Desk--What Now? Cohen, Judith Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;09/18/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 37, p4
Examines the implications of the acquisition of Spear Leeds & Kellogg by Goldman Sachs & Co. on Spear's risk arbitrage department.
- Options Operations Squeezes Some More. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;Dec2001, Vol. 14 Issue 190, p22
Reports that Goldman Sachs is combining the United States options trading departments of its Hull Trading and Spear, Leeds & Kellogg units. Name of the combined units; People who will co-manage the group; Information on the companies.
- Spear Leeds & Kellogg Shifts Focus. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;6/2/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p1
Spear Leeds & Kellogg LP (SKL) was acquired by liquidity provider Goldman Sachs & Co. in late 2000. The business included Spear Leeds & Kellogg Specialist, an NYSE specialist firm, options specialist SLK-Hull Derivatives, and a Nasdaq market-making business that was absorbed into Goldman's...
- NYSE Specialists. // Traders Magazine;Dec2000, Vol. 13 Issue 175, p8
Reports on the mergers among New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) specialist firms. Impact of the mergers on the number of NYSE specialists; Rumor on the potential purchase of Benjamin Jacobson and Sons by Spear, Leeds and Kellogg; Plans of Susquehanna Specialists to acquire Lyden, Dolan, Nick and...