Colorado Treasurer Believes State Should Try Tobacco-Backed Bonds
- Colorado Teasurer Floats 2nd Tobacco Bond Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p4
Reports on Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman's efforts to drum up legislative support for a tobacco settlement revenue bond plan. Use of proceeds from the tobacco securitization; Legislative measure introduced to allow the state to issue tobacco bonds.
- Colorado Treasurer Pushes $1 Billion Tobacco Securitization. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p4
Reports that Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman has unveiled a tobacco securitization proposal that includes an unenhanced issuance of tax-exempt and taxable tranches. Sale of tobacco bonds; Structure of the debt with turbo amortization; Issuance of the bonds.
- Colorado treasurer pushes issuance to securitize tobacco case proceeds. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/22/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30688, p4
Cites the efforts of Colorado Treasurer Michael Coffman to push the state closer to issuing debt for the second time in 1999. Aim to securitize proceed from the state's tobacco settlement; Successful effort in pushing a plan to issue pension obligations through the General Assembly; Novel...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;11/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32011, p31
This article presents information on recent developments from the U.S. bond market. Arizona Sports & Tourism Authority directors have approved a plan to issue at least $32 million of bonds to pay for infrastructure supporting the new Arizona Cardinals football stadium currently under...
- Colorado Treasurer Pessimistic About Current State of Tobacco. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31762, p1
Reports on the pessimism of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman toward the issuance of tobacco revenue bonds. Percentage of the interest rates; Discussion of the securitization proposal; Reduction of the budget deficits.
- Mexico State exits bond market, Pacsa pairs with MBIA again. F. O. // Asset Securitization Report;4/3/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p21
The article reports that Mexico State has retired the last two of its bonds collateralizing payroll taxes with a 15-year asset-backed loan for $68 million. The state's withdrawal from the bond market forms part of a wider trend among Mexican sub-sovereign entities swapping market debt with loans.
- Issuance breaks January record. F.M. // Asset Securitization Report;1/29/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p6
Presents an overview of the asset-backed market in the U.S. for January 2001. Bond prices; Investments in stranded-cost bonds; Securities.
- The 'What If's' in ABS CDOs. MG // Asset Securitization Report;2/18/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p3
Discusses the remarkable growth in asset-backed securities (ABS) and its impact on the United States market. Spread implications of ABS and how they were rapidly changing the market dynamic; Observation that ABS have added a significant bid to the sub bond market; Concerns of some participants...
- Schools's in for Brazilian tuition ABS. // Asset Securitization Report;9/22/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 36, p19
Announces asset-backed securities revolving deal set up by Ideal Invest in Brazil, backed by tuition receivables. Schools who have borrowed from the structure.